Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Facelift SC Differences by Year 2005-2010

nicnac

Is there anybody who has a definitive list of differences by year after 2005.I know of the facelift , lights ,6 speedbox,different gen sat nav . ...........any more ?Was there ever a Adaptive Cruise Control / Radar collision avoidance . 

Thanks John 'I should have searched but there you go . My 2006 IS250 MM Auto had a DVD in the radio unit instead of a CD player just for music . You could play DVDs at a stop as standard . Also they dumbed down the phone touch screen whist driving as a safety/ nanny precaution . This of course could be dis enabled . Did the Sc with the updated generation nav system have a dvd in the radio unit ? 

I'm not the best person to ask as my car is so unlike a proper SC these days, it's a test of memory.

My 2006 didn't play DVDs from the standard head unit or the nav unit but I think the very late 2009-10 head units could play DVD and had a USB connection.....apparently, I've never seen one. There were a few tweaks but the best I can offer to confirm what they were is this pdf. I couldn't find a list or a video but it does say that the head unit plays CD/DVD and it's still trying to seduce you with the idea that it was designed in collaboration with the Mark Levinson engineers blah blah.... Fair play it does sound very good stock but they could only do the best possible with the cheap speakers provided.

http://www.motorologist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010-Lexus-SC-brochure.pdf

• Like 2

Thanks Neil , Its  strange they facelifted to the same sat nav as the new IS (2005) and not incorporate the DVD as in the IS . , but then Toyota /Lexus  policy was always a mystery to me . They even didnt have the full postcode in 2006 !!!!!!!

• Like 2

End 2004

• Revised suspension.
  • ETA and voice recognition on Nav system. Bluetooth hands free

End 2005 (face-lift)

• 6 speed transmission
  • Adaptive Front-lighting System
  • New design grille, bumper, headlamps, indicators and fog lights.
  • LED rear lights
  • New 18" alloy wheel design
Edited by ColinBarber
  • Like 3

thanks Colin:,I loved the 2006 Sat Nav / DVD player in the 2006 IS  Multi Media version  . Its a pity they did'nt put the whole package in the uplift SC . 

On 6/8/2020 at 9:03 AM, ColinBarber said:

End 2004

• Revised suspension.
  • ETA and voice recognition on Nav system. Bluetooth hands free

End 2005 (face-lift)

• 6 speed transmission
  • Adaptive Front-lighting System
  • New design grille, bumper, headlamps, indicators and fog lights.
  • LED rear lights
  • New 18" alloy wheel design

plus...
Reverse lamps have a different lens,

gearbox has manual mode,

Revised paint colours and wood dash choices,

Radio has soft touch main buttons,

Different wing side repeaters,

Revised satnav system and don’t share the same update discs with earlier models 👍🏻

• Like 3