I have to get  a new Battery fitted, my old one drained (or whatever it does) due to standing, so, what happens then? does it code itself from the key transmiter or what (1999 LS 400), thanks for any info I am in no way literate on these things

I’m assuming here it’s the car Battery you are referring to not the key fob Battery.

Replace the Battery ( check the polarity is correct before connecting!).

If the alarm sounds close all doors and lock with key.

Open car, insert ignition key and turn to ignition position.

Check to see if security light has gone out, if not leave key in this position for around 8 minutes then remove key and reinsert. Security light should now be off.

Start car.

Yes Steve it's the main Battery, I can open the passenger door but not the drivers door, that was locked with main key transmitter & I cannot open it with no main Battery working at all (stone dead), I had assumed that once a new Battery was put in I could/would just open it by pressing key button as normal!?......any comment?

3 hours ago, Greer said:

Yes Steve it's the main battery, I can open the passenger door but not the drivers door, that was locked with main key transmitter & I cannot open it with no main battery working at all (stone dead), I had assumed that once a new battery was put in I could/would just open it by pressing key button as normal!?......any comment?

Hi Greer
Can't you op-en the drivers door with the mechanical key?  It's ages since I had a 400 but I could open the drivers door (and had to more than once) on my old 430.

Bren

The remote fob should work as normal once the vehicle Battery is replaced. The only thing is occasionally you have to do the reset procedure for the alarm system as described. You may also have to reset the one touch windows by lowering them fully then holding the button down for 3 seconds and then repeating the process with the up button.

15 minutes ago, brendangeorge said:

Can't you op-en the drivers door with the mechanical key?

No, not with the key from outside or from inside at all, I used the e key fob to lock it

Steve thanks for all the info, I think I'll be ok with that, thanks