Recommended Posts

I know this is the wrong section for this and should be talked about in the LC forum but what do us F owners think?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a convertible type of guy, but my wife would love it!  I do really like the styling of the body, not so sure about the wheels! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to get past that colour. I know that's subjective.

I don't think it's as pretty as the coupe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's okay, but its market must be the USA not wet old UK.

Call me tight but I'd rather buy a 2013-5 AMG SL63 for about £40K I had one of the N/A Sl63's and really liked it, ugly as f*** outside but a nice interior and decent roadholding, plus with the roof up and the suspension set on comfort you could travel miles in luxury.

I guess when its been around a while the LC will become a good secondhand buy like the RCF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

I guess when its been around a while the LC will become a good secondhand buy like the RCF.

Yes, but with a frightening extended warranty cost for the LC

I checked on Autotrader today for the first time since Aug 2019, and the trade in value of my RCF has only dropped by £830 in 10 months. After eye-watering initial depreciation, I'm very happy with that, especially as I've been scared to look with the supposed Covid 19 price apocalypse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Yes, but with a frightening extended warranty cost for the LC

I checked on Autotrader today for the first time since Aug 2019, and the trade in value of my RCF has only dropped by £830 in 10 months. After eye-watering initial depreciation, I'm very happy with that, especially as I've been scared to look with the supposed Covid 19 price apocalypse

I agree about the warranty having just re-newed mine for 2 years at £995.The cost for the LC would certainly be a factor for consideration in the future.

As with the RCF the wheel arch gap is way too big for my likings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I like a convertible but would need to see it in the flesh. It will be a rare sight on our roads so that makes it a bit more attractive. Being a soft top you will hear the exhaust note more which is a good thing. Sorry. Colour works for me. 🥰😍   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Bodyman said:

Now I like a convertible but would need to see it in the flesh. It will be a rare sight on our roads so that makes it a bit more attractive. Being a soft top you will hear the exhaust note more which is a good thing. Sorry. Colour works for me. 🥰😍   

Yes I think the colour of both your car and this one is great, with the right detailing the colour really 'pops' I'm assuming it is a pearlescent yellow finish. Might be a tad on the feminine side in that colour though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame it didn't come with the concept wheels, they were naughtyyyy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've drooled over this (not yellow though) since the concept was launched and I've signed up for news. Spoke with Lexus Stockport over the weekend and they're expecting a few to do the rounds in late Autumn but they will be (very) exclusive and largely built to order. I just need to figure out how to finance it - if I sell the RCF and the TVR and a kidney then I might be able to afford it.....or I be patient and let someone else take the initial depreciation hit...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave400SE said:

I've drooled over this (not yellow though) since the concept was launched and I've signed up for news. Spoke with Lexus Stockport over the weekend and they're expecting a few to do the rounds in late Autumn but they will be (very) exclusive and largely built to order. I just need to figure out how to finance it - if I sell the RCF and the TVR and a kidney then I might be able to afford it.....or I be patient and let someone else take the initial depreciation hit...

Any idea how much they will be ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, The Bodyman said:

Any idea how much they will be ?

Not known/clear/published yet but my best guess is something like price of LC500 coupe plus £5k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received this today

Screenshot_20200608-230800_Email.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Lexus may have a winner on their hands here, unlike previous Lexus soft-tops it looks good from every angle. I wonder what the Regatta model has.

It needs these wheels though

thumbnail.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those wheels remind me of the baddies helicopter from Bond's The World is Not Enough  

Eurocopter AS355 | James Bond Wiki | Fandom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Those wheels remind me of the baddies helicopter from Bond's The World is Not Enough  

Eurocopter AS355 | James Bond Wiki | Fandom

Except the blades looked MUCH better 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have one in a heat beat but it's a second car toy isn't it and I would need to win the lottery first. Looks awesome in the Lexus press photos in Blue though. As an 8 year old second hand prospect can you imagine having a fault on the folding roof to sort. Might need a second lottery win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, gb1600e said:

 As an 8 year old second hand prospect can you imagine having a fault on the folding roof to sort.

Plenty of SC430s that are 15 years old - very rare to see posts of roof issues on these forums.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t be worried about the roof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 9:27 AM, The Bodyman said:

I know this is the wrong section for this and should be talked about in the LC forum but what do us F owners think?

 

 

I think it looks great, I love his videos in general! I imagine the V8 growl would be amazing roof down

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would prefer a hard top but I wouldn't say 'No.'

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2020 at 9:01 PM, Neil E said:

Would prefer a hard top but I wouldn't say 'No.'

 

same here I wouldn't say no either 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 6/28/2020 at 1:00 PM, ThomasD94 said:

I think it looks great, I love his videos in general! I imagine the V8 growl would be amazing roof down

Can't match the looks or performance but it's possible to get some fairly similar tunnel music from your SC for a lot less than £100k. I'm curious to know how much noise suppression the soft-top provides. The hard top is very good in this regard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2020 at 2:30 PM, Neil E said:

 

Can't match the looks or performance but it's possible to get some fairly similar tunnel music from your SC for a lot less than £100k. I'm curious to know how much noise suppression the soft-top provides. The hard top is very good in this regard.

That is very true Neil!! The hard top is whisper quiet and a V8 is a V8 I guess 🙂
I am hoping to get a shot of the LC convertible this autumn so I will let you know 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 3UZ isn't a 2UR but the genuine V8 growl can be released with a little help.🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.