Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What do you think of this ?

I think it's okay, but its market must be the USA not wet old UK.

Call me tight but I'd rather buy a 2013-5 AMG SL63 for about £40K I had one of the N/A Sl63's and really liked it, ugly as f*** outside but a nice interior and decent roadholding, plus with the roof up and the suspension set on comfort you could travel miles in luxury.

I guess when its been around a while the LC will become a good secondhand buy like the RCF.

40 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

I guess when its been around a while the LC will become a good secondhand buy like the RCF.

Yes, but with a frightening extended warranty cost for the LC

I checked on Autotrader today for the first time since Aug 2019, and the trade in value of my RCF has only dropped by £830 in 10 months. After eye-watering initial depreciation, I'm very happy with that, especially as I've been scared to look with the supposed Covid 19 price apocalypse

2 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Yes, but with a frightening extended warranty cost for the LC

I checked on Autotrader today for the first time since Aug 2019, and the trade in value of my RCF has only dropped by £830 in 10 months. After eye-watering initial depreciation, I'm very happy with that, especially as I've been scared to look with the supposed Covid 19 price apocalypse

I agree about the warranty having just re-newed mine for 2 years at £995.The cost for the LC would certainly be a factor for consideration in the future.

As with the RCF the wheel arch gap is way too big for my likings.

Now I like a convertible but would need to see it in the flesh. It will be a rare sight on our roads so that makes it a bit more attractive. Being a soft top you will hear the exhaust note more which is a good thing. Sorry. Colour works for me. 🥰😍   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Bodyman said:

Now I like a convertible but would need to see it in the flesh. It will be a rare sight on our roads so that makes it a bit more attractive. Being a soft top you will hear the exhaust note more which is a good thing. Sorry. Colour works for me. 🥰😍   

Yes I think the colour of both your car and this one is great, with the right detailing the colour really 'pops' I'm assuming it is a pearlescent yellow finish. Might be a tad on the feminine side in that colour though.

• Like 1

I've drooled over this (not yellow though) since the concept was launched and I've signed up for news. Spoke with Lexus Stockport over the weekend and they're expecting a few to do the rounds in late Autumn but they will be (very) exclusive and largely built to order. I just need to figure out how to finance it - if I sell the RCF and the TVR and a kidney then I might be able to afford it.....or I be patient and let someone else take the initial depreciation hit...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave400SE said:

I've drooled over this (not yellow though) since the concept was launched and I've signed up for news. Spoke with Lexus Stockport over the weekend and they're expecting a few to do the rounds in late Autumn but they will be (very) exclusive and largely built to order. I just need to figure out how to finance it - if I sell the RCF and the TVR and a kidney then I might be able to afford it.....or I be patient and let someone else take the initial depreciation hit...

Any idea how much they will be ?

I think Lexus may have a winner on their hands here, unlike previous Lexus soft-tops it looks good from every angle. I wonder what the Regatta model has.

It needs these wheels though

thumbnail.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Those wheels remind me of the baddies helicopter from Bond's The World is Not Enough  

Eurocopter AS355 | James Bond Wiki | Fandom

Except the blades looked MUCH better 😂

• Like 1

I would have one in a heat beat but it's a second car toy isn't it and I would need to win the lottery first. Looks awesome in the Lexus press photos in Blue though. As an 8 year old second hand prospect can you imagine having a fault on the folding roof to sort. Might need a second lottery win.

49 minutes ago, gb1600e said:

As an 8 year old second hand prospect can you imagine having a fault on the folding roof to sort.

Plenty of SC430s that are 15 years old - very rare to see posts of roof issues on these forums.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 9:27 AM, The Bodyman said:

I know this is the wrong section for this and should be talked about in the LC forum but what do us F owners think?

I think it looks great, I love his videos in general! I imagine the V8 growl would be amazing roof down

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 1:00 PM, ThomasD94 said:

I think it looks great, I love his videos in general! I imagine the V8 growl would be amazing roof down

Can't match the looks or performance but it's possible to get some fairly similar tunnel music from your SC for a lot less than £100k. I'm curious to know how much noise suppression the soft-top provides. The hard top is very good in this regard.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 2:30 PM, Neil E said:

Can't match the looks or performance but it's possible to get some fairly similar tunnel music from your SC for a lot less than £100k. I'm curious to know how much noise suppression the soft-top provides. The hard top is very good in this regard.

That is very true Neil!! The hard top is whisper quiet and a V8 is a V8 I guess 🙂
I am hoping to get a shot of the LC convertible this autumn so I will let you know 🙂