Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buy a TomTom or Garmin (has HUD I think) which will cost considerably less than an upgrade disc for the Lexus and has lifetime free updates.  Also placed on top of the dash is closer to your line of sight and this safer.  Also include Bluetooth for hands free phone.

29 minutes ago, ITFCGLENN said:

How do I obtain an upgrade for my 2010 RX450h? The existing one is from when it was new!!

I don't know because I use Waze on my phone.

What I can tell you is that it will be expensive, counter-intuitive, difficult to use, clunky and basically a waste of time. The old saying "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" comes to mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ITFCGLENN said:

How do I obtain an upgrade for my 2010 RX450h? The existing one is from when it was new!!

If its the same as my 2011 then it cost around £160 around two and a half years ago taking it from the 2011 Maps, etc to the 2017.

Not sure if there is a later one now than that.

Mine was a USB upgrade done by the dealer, takes around 2 to 3 hours but that included a free Hybrid Check and car wash.

Unlike some on here, I prefer the built in SatNav in the car that the TomTom I had before as it is a bigger screen and the TomTom developed a fault in that it kept loosing the links to the GPS satellites for long periods of time. Luckily it found them again just before important turns for my holiday at the time.

It went into the bin when I got home and I bought the Lexus just after that anyway. 

The RX450h sat nav on my 2015 car caused me many problems and my 6" TomTom fitted just to the right of the steering wheel is far superior.  I did put a lot of time into finding the optimum position for it and making a platform to support it though. The shape of the platform incorporates a cut away for the air vent and is broad enough to allow a wider base fixing with commercial quality double sided tap. There is no shake on the unit  and it does not obscure forward vision.  Regular free map and camera updates.  The lead to the TomTom cradle was later tucked within the dash.