Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx350 adding a reversing camera

Hi all have a rx300 sel and seen an rx 350 without the sat nav am thinking of purchasing but would miss the reversing camera, anyone retrofitted one and any issues to look out for, know it could be a easier fit as it doesn't have the ML sound system unlike my present vehicle, thanks Bob

On 6/8/2020 at 1:09 PM, asingood said:

Hi all have a rx300 sel and seen an rx 350 without the sat nav am thinking of purchasing but would miss the reversing camera, anyone retrofitted one and any issues to look out for, know it could be a easier fit as it doesn't have the ML sound system unlike my present vehicle, thanks Bob

Cant say I have as I own a 2005 RX 300 myself with the nav/camera. Out of curiosity why are you wanting to change to a RX350?

Hi mines 2004 with air 113000 on clock had for over 3 years and can't fault the ride and comfort so looking for a newer model as worried a fault on the suspension might be a very expensive fix as about £750 per corner 

2 hours ago, asingood said:

Hi mines 2004 with air 113000 on clock had for over 3 years and can't fault the ride and comfort so looking for a newer model as worried a fault on the suspension might be a very expensive fix as about £750 per corner 

Why not change to coils rather than air?

Someone on here did just that and got the set of four for under £800.

3 hours ago, Herbie said:

Why not change to coils rather than air?

Someone on here did just that and got the set of four for under £800.

Have seen this not sure the outlay of nearly £1000 on a vehicle worth £2300 is the way forward, with used car prices dropping might be a good time to replace have seen a few traders reduce the prices on a couple of 400hs by £500 so could be a buyers market 

• Like 1

Just now, asingood said:

Have seen this not sure the outlay of nearly £1000 on a vehicle worth £2300 is the way forward, with used car prices dropping might be a good time to replace have seen a few traders reduce the prices on a couple of 400hs by £500 so could be a buyers market 

I repair computers for a living and people will often say to me something like, "Is it too old or too bad to be repaired"?

If I know that it can be repaired, I usually say, "If you specifically want to go and buy a new one then by all means do so, but just ask yourself one thing. If it was working alright, would it do everything you want it to? If the answer is yes, then you don't need to spend hundreds of pounds to buy something new".

I suppose the same rationale could be applied to cars as well. If the rest of the car is good and doing this one repair may get you many thousands of miles more then it may be worth doing. But if you want something new anyway then yes, go for it - I love spending other people's money :laughing:

Whatever you decide Robert, I wish you well with it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links