Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking to buy

Hi all was hoping to pick a few brains. I'm considering buying a used is300h fsport 2014/15  few questions

Is a high mileage car one to avoid unless It has fsh 

Any things to look out for when going to buy 

Service intervals...... I have a 53 plate tt at the moment and I regularly service it 7,000 miles ( the car has wanted for nothing) missus dosnt know half the stuff I've bought for it😉 so will the lexus need serving about the same or not

And is it worth taking out an extended warranty on the car.

I live in the north east of England ( Near Middlesbrough) there is a Lexus dealer close by would u reccomend buying used  from a dealer or Autotrader Or similar. Have seen some good ones for round bout 10,000 and above but as I've said quite high mileage. 

I will have about 12k to spend so think I should get a decent one ?? 

Look forward to any advice given. Once again thanks for any help.

Welcome to the LOC from a fellow smoggy 🙂

I wouldn't automatically rule out a high mileage as there's no inherent mileage-related weaknesses that I know of and given your budget you will probably be looking at 100K+ examples.

I'd be more interested in the service history and the condition of the vehicle. Is there service history and was this regular. Does it look well-cared for or are there scratches/dints or is the interior worn and or damaged. What sort of tyres are fitted - branded or no-name types, etc.

Any reason why the fsport version - it's just that Lexus Teesside have a low-mileage IS300h Premier for sale just about where your budget lies.

The extended warrranty is good value and includes AA breakdown cover and has a good reputation for being hassle-free but you need to factor in the need to go to the main dealer for servicing.  But you can choose to pay by installments for a warranty and a service plan and this is the best option for some buyers.

Good luck with your search

I endorse what Bob has said Paul.

And you can take out a Service Plan, interest free for approx £30 per month.

And the Warranty will cover the car for up to 140,000 miles and the Hybrid Battery will be covered for 15 years subject to 10,000 miles per year.

Oh, and welcome to the club by the way.

• Like 1

Thanks for all replies why the fsport? I just like the bells and whistles plus the exterior styling seems sportier on the fsport. As for teeside lexus went there for a test drive of an 19 plate 300h think it was the premium ( dont quote me on that ) had it for 3 hours and fell in love with the car. Staff and set up at teeside lexus was really good btw.

So basically now just waiting till the rite one comes up. I get my ££ in late Sept ( pension money) so I've got a cpl months of hunting and digging to do to get my ideal fsport. One quick question what insurance group are they and what am I likely to be forking out. We have a double car insurance with direct line think my TT is 275£ fully comp. 

Cheers again for replies.

It's group 30 apparently. I pay £280 for my F Sport with Swintons (full ncb, 52 years old, 8,000 miles pa, wife included but she doesn't need to know)

Hello Paul and welcome to the LOC.

As other learned members have mentioned the service history tends to be more important than the mileage, in the USA there is a Lexus LS400 that has covered over one million miles on the original engine.

Feel free to post a link for any potential purchases if you need assurances or criticism, it could be known on the club.

4 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Hello Paul and welcome to the LOC.

As other learned members have mentioned the service history tends to be more important than the mileage, in the USA there is a Lexus LS400 that has covered over one million miles on the original engine.

Feel free to post a link for any potential purchases if you need assurances or criticism, it could be known on the

Thanks again for all replies once I've sourced a few cars I'll post on here see if any of you know the car to advise not to buy. Looking forward to joining the LOC.