Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, Greer said:

Phil, I went there & one of my virus or malware give me a message that it had blocked a 'fingerprinter', I've no idea what that is

Neither do I!

One thing that we all have to realise is that there is no privacy anymore.

If a baby was born today and its parents didn't register the birth, there is a chance. However, for us already in the system, we are already tracked through mobile phone usage, credit/debit card usage, street CCTV and a whole host of other measures. We, and the data we generate as we go about our lives, are the commodities, and 'fingerprinters' are just one more way of building that picture.

This short article explains what they are and how they are used.

• Like 1

It was sold in the USA as the Infinity Q45 (3rd Gen known as the F50) and I rented one over there back in the mid noughties.
Very nice, but looks really stodgy and suffered from being pretty wallowy, but it was a US market model and the one I rented had 30k miles of rental abuse on it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti_Q45#Third_generation_(F50;_2001–2006)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

It was sold in the USA as the Infinity Q45 (3rd Gen known as the F50) and I rented one over there back in the mid noughties.
Very nice, but looks really stodgy and suffered from being pretty wallowy, but it was a US market model and the one I rented had 30k miles of rental abuse on it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiniti_Q45#Third_generation_(F50;_2001–2006)

That makes sense, I didn't think about Infinity.  I think the thing that got me interested in big Japanese cars was the time we rented a Camry in Canada, it was such a lovely car, I've got fond memories of driving it through the Rockies at a legal limit of 60mph.

I've driven a few Camrys over there and they are nice, if a little soul-less.
You'll be pleased to know that the Camry is back for the UK, replacing the unloved Avensis. :thumbup1:

I've also rented a couple of Nissan Altimas, one Maxima and the Acura TL all of which were Ok.
The Mazda 626 I rented in 2000 was also not bad.

The 2011 Ford Edge (3.5 V6) and the 2016 Ford Taurus (3.5 V6) were very nice, but not as nice as the LS430.
The worst cars I've rented in the US were a 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue (bad!) and a 1997 Chevy Cavalier (just nasty!).

The early 90s Presidents (HG50) were much better looking (hints of Jag XJ & Mk2 Granada) but not many were made and I'd be surprised if any made it to the UK.SAM_2251.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

I've driven a few Camrys over there and they are nice, if a little soul-less.
You'll be pleased to know that the Camry is back for the UK, replacing the unloved Avensis. :thumbup1:

I've also rented a couple of Nissan Altimas, one Maxima and the Acura TL all of which were Ok.
The Mazda 626 I rented in 2000 was also not bad.

The 2011 Ford Edge (3.5 V6) and the 2016 Ford Taurus (3.5 V6) were very nice, but not as nice as the LS430.
The worst cars I've rented in the US were a 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue (bad!) and a 1997 Chevy Cavalier (just nasty!).

The early 90s Presidents (HG50) were much better looking (hints of Jag XJ & Mk2 Granada) but not many were made and I'd be surprised if any made it to the UK.SAM_2251.JPG

My worst rental cars over there were the AMC Pacer and the Gremlin!

• Sad 1

That looks like a nice car..... if I was a Nissan guy 🙂 

I rented a Ford F150 which was I have to say a very nice car/pickup

I thought it was going to be crappy to drive but it was amazing and if the roads were bigger over here I think I would 

am a Nissan guy and have ridden in a HJG50 President Sovereign by chance, much like the one in the photo below. It was almost 20 years ago but I still remember how smitten I was 🥰

It was specially imported to order by the MD of a Nissan dealer that I used to take my car to.

01w.jpg

02.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links