Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

DAB Radio

About the only radio station I listen to is moving from DAB to DAB+ towards the end of June.

To save me digging out the handbook, does anyone know if the radio in my  2015 IS 300h is DAB+ compatible.

"To save me digging out the handbook"

Sorry old pal, unless you really cannot find it yourself, because you are old,ill or infirm or something similar, you are being rather cheeky !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

"To save me digging out the handbook"

Sorry old pal, unless you really cannot find it yourself, because you are old,ill or infirm or something similar, you are being rather cheeky !

I thought that was one of the points of a forum!

2 minutes ago, Derant said:

I am more than happy to help Antony and/or anyone else who has a particular problem,but when that problem is because they cannot be bothered to look for themselves, then I draw the line.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Derant said:

Not really.

I like to help people when I can but I don't expect to spoon-feed them. I expect them to have done some googling and/or other research first and then come to the forum for help if they haven't been able to sort it themselves.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I doubt it will be mentioned but I would expect it does. I can only suggest trying to tune into an existing DAB+ broadcast to see if it works.

Thank you, when the station is no longer available I shall do that. I have no idea if the difference between DAB and DAB+ is a software or

hardware issue.  I won't impose by asking that question here.

Taken from digitalradiochoice.com

“A radio which can only receive DAB will not be able to receive DAB+ stations. However, DAB+ sets are ‘backwards-compatible’ and will receive both DAB and DAB+ stations.”

Hope that helps

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh dear. It seems we have to be careful of the type of question that we ask.

And I thought this was a friendly forum 😞

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

Taken from digitalradiochoice.com

“A radio which can only receive DAB will not be able to receive DAB+ stations. However, DAB+ sets are ‘backwards-compatible’ and will receive both DAB and DAB+ stations.”

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, although what they say is really stating the obvious. 🙂

16 minutes ago, ikeja said:

Oh dear. It seems we have to be careful of the type of question that we ask.

And I thought this was a friendly forum 😞

It's OK it doesn't worry me. It happens on a lot of forums unfortunately  😞

I suppose it's a matter of perspective really.

Ok, I can understand that Alan may have mislaid his manual or perhaps it's even packed away while some refurb work is going on in the house, which is all fair enough.

However, it probably took longer to type out his post than it would have to go to https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals/ and download a new copy of the manual.

If the manual isn't available there then fair enough, come to ask for help in the forum. As I said above, I will help anyone at any time and I enjoy doing it, but shirking all your own responsibility isn't really on, is it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herbie said:

I suppose it's a matter of perspective really.

Ok, I can understand that Alan may have mislaid his manual or perhaps it's even packed away while some refurb work is going on in the house, which is all fair enough.

However, it probably took longer to type out his post than it would have to go to https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals/ and download a new copy of the manual.

If the manual isn't available there then fair enough, come to ask for help in the forum. As I said above, I will help anyone at any time and I enjoy doing it, but shirking all your own responsibility isn't really on, is it?

It’s a forum, people ask all sorts of questions, what is obvious to one person isn’t to another ( I doubt a manual will contain information on a future radio signal change). simply don’t reply to the post. By the same token it  isn’t anyone’s responsibility to reply, it can take  longer to write a condescending post than to give an answer

2 hours ago, Derant said:

It’s a forum, people ask all sorts of questions, what is obvious to one person isn’t to another ( I doubt a manual will contain information on a future radio signal change).

It's not about something being obvious or about one question or a hundred questions - it's about good manners and expectations.

I would never dream of asking others to help me without exhausting all avenues of trying to help myself first.

If his opening statement had been "I can't seem to find my manual at the moment so can anybody tell me...." then that would have been great, no problem at all. But to start with "To save me digging out the manual...." just implies that he can't be bothered and expects somebody else to dig out their manual on his behalf.

1 minute ago, Herbie said:

It's not about something being obvious or about one question or a hundred questions - it's about good manners and expectations.

I would never dream of asking others to help me without exhausting all avenues of trying to help myself first.

If his opening statement had been "I can't seem to find my manual at the moment so can anybody tell me...." then that would have been great, no problem at all. But to start with "To save me digging out the manual...." just implies that he can't be bothered and expects somebody else to dig out their manual on his behalf.

Like I said, the poster wasn’t asking you personally so you didn’t  need to reply, I am not making any more comments on the subject 

11 minutes ago, Derant said:

I am not making any more comments on the subject 

Good :laughing:

Irrespective of who asks or answers the question, politeness and manners apply to all, do they not?

• Like 2