Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windows opened by themselves! Wtf!

I'm just at work and my colleague told me ALL of my car windows and it's pouring with rain. 

Went to check it out an all the windows were fully down, can't believe it as I didn't open any windows this morning and now all my leather seats and interior are full of bloody rain water. 

Has this happened to any one else just windows opening randomly? Lucky I'm parked in staff parking at work but now worried when I park somewhere else and someone can steal it 😞

Doh, why do windows always seem to drop unexpectedly when it's raining !

Have you disconnected the 12v Battery recently?  If so, then the windows should be reset to prevent them randomly opening 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve said:

your keyfob in your pocket. if you hold the buttons for so many seconds it will open the windows. have it disabled by your dealer.

It's not that mate as I never pressed the button on the keys and the keys were in my bag in the staff room at the back, weird huh... Thanks anyway but I still don't mind getting it deactivated, they might charge too much though 

23 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Doh, why do windows always seem to drop unexpectedly when it's raining !

Have you disconnected the 12v battery recently?  If so, then the windows should be reset to prevent them randomly opening 😉

Well atleast it wasn't snowing right lol.

No I haven't touched the engine, mainly because I know nothing about cars lol. 

Took it for an oil and filter change the other day but that's it. 

I have never known them to randomly open unless the key was press for around 5 seconds (i think its about that long) i used to use this feature in the summer and let the heat out before getting to the car. I used to get this at work where the key was in the pocket. luckily people left it alone

Whats the condition of the key like? sticky button on fob? 

You may get round the dealer, not 100% sure but sometimes there is a procedure you can do to disable it, I did it once with the seatbelt chime. 

This has happened to a few unlucky owners on here before. Yes, one of them was when it as snowing!! I think Steve is correct about the keyfob. If you had not set it then you would have no idea that it could happen.

Take a read through these Personalized Settings in the attached pdf. This should give you the answer .... at Power Window Settings at numbers 8 and 9. This I think, can only be manipulated by Lexus Garage. It might be accessible via a Techstream device too if you know anybody that has one.

You could put up a shout in the IS250 section and see if there is anyone near you with one who may be willing to help.

Just to explain, your post is currently in the IS300 and newer 250 section. Look at the section above in the running order.

Hope that helps.

Or maybe a Mod could move it?

IS250_LexusPersonalisedSettings.pdf

• Like 1

UPDATE**

I was multi tasking at the time and maybe the keys were in my bag after all, ive got loads of keys for work and must have got hem mixed up. Only explanation is it must have been in my pocket the whole time.

i used that windows down feature this summer actually and its great when its hot out there.

sorry for posting in the wrong place, i posted using my phone and done it quickly. thanks for moving this post and everyones help.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pastore said:

UPDATE**

I was multi tasking at the time and maybe the keys were in my bag after all, ive got loads of keys for work and must have got hem mixed up. Only explanation is it must have been in my pocket the whole time.

i used that windows down feature this summer actually and its great when its hot out there.

sorry for posting in the wrong place, i posted using my phone and done it quickly. thanks for moving this post and everyones help.

Many thanks for the explanation Nadeem. Much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links