Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Like flat sport in acceleration occasionally

In about 4K miles in my 2015 RX on about 3 or 4 occasions when I have been driving quite slowly and then press down on the accelerator not too hard but more than usual, I have had what is like a flat spot on a carb fed car. If anything the car hesitates momentarily and then accelerates quite well.  This has not been too much of a problem but because it happens so rarely,  it  comes as a surprise when it happens and I am concerned it could happen at the wrong time as when I need a bit of urge to get past a cyclist for example.  The car has been well serviced and it has happened when the engine is reasonably warm.  Current mileage is about 42K.  In retrospect, I wonder whether this could be because it is being propelled electrically and the need for quick acceleration means the engine has to start and engage and this causes hesitation.

Anybody else experienced this and if it is a problem how was it sorted please? 

This apart,  I am well pleased with my car.

Until recently I have had to trickle charge  the 12v Battery every week so Battery is on the way out.  This reminds me I must chase the Battery supplier in Belgium about my query if I can ascertain they are open for business, but is not connected with flat spot query.

• Like 1

I would do a scan to reviel any codes that are pending or they are not displayed on the instrument panel. It may be a throtle position circuit issue, propably the connectors need cleaning.

If you have a direct injection engine you may need to do intake valve cleaning. There are various intake manifold spays that work and improve economy as well.

I use Tunap once a year during the annual service.

Fuel injector is also recommended every annual service, simply add to the fuel the cleaner.

Spark plugs may need a check or replacement.

Chris

• Like 1

Which drive mode were you using? I seldom noticed this throttle reaction driving for long time in ECO mode, where HV Battery charge tends to go low, while in Normal or Sport it does not happen; in Sport HV charge is mantained high to assure a fast response (of course mpg decrease, but not so much as expected if you normally have a fast driving style).

• Like 1

Thanks to those who responded.  I will mention this when car gets a delayed service.  Am presently self isolating so not making a long journey to Lexus in Cheltenham or my nearest dealer in Exeter come to that which is still a long way from my home.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links