Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, new proud owner 07 220d omg(osh)

Madaboutsusie

Hey. Cant believe this cars stability,  drive, comfort, temperamental start. It's by far the best car I have ever owned. And my best was a 520d 06, which cost nearly 2k in turbo and sensor  breakdowns. 

My garage inspected the engine for headgasket and stuff and said the only thing strange was how immaculate the engine was :), 1900£ full service history 104000 on clock. Sold my peugoet 206 1.6 which I now noticeably was complete ignored in, to this dream car where I get more looks than the mona lisa... well maybe not quite lolz. 20200612_163435.thumb.jpg.8fd34ca7c204bb6b1a8860938df4fdbd.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome to the LOC Craig,hoping you find the forum educational and informative,a 250 would have been better but that's besides the point now 

Hello Craig and welcome to the LOC.

Hopefully the reason why the engine is so clean is that Lexus have fitted a replacement, the warranty was extended up to 107,000 miles I understand.

Keep a careful eye on the fluid levels and EGR maintenance and if you only tend to drive locally give it a good high speed run on a monthly basis to keep the DPF regenerated.

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for welcome :D. 

I have read about  issues on headgasket and egr , dpf on this forum and will TLC as much necessary. 

Not sure if engine replaced?. I have 3 lexus services amongst normal ones  but no mention of engine replacement. Could I phone lexus to find out?

4 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Hello Craig and welcome to the LOC.

Hopefully the reason why the engine is so clean is that Lexus have fitted a replacement, the warranty was extended up to 107,000 miles I understand.

Keep a careful eye on the fluid levels and EGR maintenance and if you only tend to drive locally give it a good high speed run on a monthly basis to keep the DPF regenerated.

Lovin car, lovin help, lovin life

Lexus 220d

Welcome Craig,

As a previous IS220d owner, I am pleased to see you enjoying your car :smile:

Normally I would agree with the chaps regarding the engine, however, I may have had a different experience.  All signs point to the fact that my old car had a replacement engine, which included a very clean comment during an MOT and an engine sticker from the factory on the rocker cover with a newer date than the age of the car.

However, despite several attempts, my local Lexus dealer could find no mention of an engine replacement in their records.  Perhaps I was just unlucky and the information is there somewhere, but they insist that there is no mention, so if they claim that there is no record, don't automatically assume that it didn't happen.

Hopefully they will tell you that there was indeed a new engine fitted, which would be a very nice bonus :smile:

🤞your new ride does not let you down anytime soon and you lose faith in Lexus, the 220 is the most talked about car ( in the engine section ) with regards to problems mechanically and hopeFully you Can manage to avoid them If you drive it as a DERV with a DPF should be driven!

Thanks, I'll look for stickers or engine marking 1st  great idea 🙂 and 🤞. If it has, I wonder if on failure Lexus fitted a better steel gasket?

I am lovin the Lexus drive, look and technology on an 07 plate that seem to lead by leaps and bounds in techno, and using thinner wire and 48v control was a genie in a lamp. ( bt used 50v low amps on lines for many years with bad wire and great success ) 

Thanks for advice, I will TLC the car until I've saved for repairs or replacement  as never want to be with one again. 

Lovin Life, Lovin Help,

Lovin Lexus 220d