Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

32 minutes ago, morgan2242 said:

wot is best way to clean foggy head lights

I used one of these on my last car and it worked really, really well, so I can highly recommend them. There's plenty of Youtube videos showing how to do it too.

• Like 1

I use Meguiars Ultimate compound and a microfibre pad to polish mine (with a bit of elbow grease, but nothing excessive), followed by a protective layer of wax. Considering when I started they had that yellow haze over them. After a couple of applications now I get this result:

IMG_20200615_154954.thumb.jpg.e4d55356955e6de07cd05287f0ca1e20.jpg

The beam pattern is back as the lens doesn't diffuse the light.

Ultimate compound is great for bringing up flat paintwork as well. 

No connection, just a happy user of Meguiars products. Ultimate compound gets used a lot by American YouTubers and their detailing videos. It seems to work pretty well in most applications. The next task I'm going to set it is to polish a GRP hull. lol. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, morgan2242 said:

can any one tell me got a ls220d year 2059  it seems to be use a lot of water maby half a pint a month is this normal

If your car is a 2059 I'm surprised you can still get diesel in the future😁 Lots of posts on this forum regarding the IS220d and water loss.  Often the troublesome head gasket seems to be the issue, let's hope it's not so in your case. Are there no signs of leakage anywhere?

I thought this thread was about 'foggy head lights'.  The  subject has been completely changed from that posted by the OP which is a discourtesy and furthermore is now directed specifically at a model outside this forum range so should be on a more appropriate section of the club.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

I thought this thread was about 'foggy head lights'.  The  subject has been completely changed from that posted by the OP which is a discourtesy and furthermore is now directed specifically at a model outside this forum range so should be on a more appropriate section of the club.

12 hours ago, morgan2242 said:

how can you tell if its the head gasket thats the trouble

I would start a new post in the IS section re your water loss problem, it is confusing going from headlights to head gaskets in the same post!

• Like 1