Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Gs450h acceleration delay

I recently bought lexus gs450h 2007 with 225k km on it, it drives amazing no complaints but when I floor it at around 70-80mph it has almost 2 second delay when it shifts to second gear. (Lo-hi) gear. Any suggestion what is the cause? The gearbox oil been changed around 150k km, I tried to disconnect Battery and put it back didn’t work. Also the 0-100 is around 6.2 sec. But it has all season tyres so it might be the reason its little bit slower not sure..

Hi Husein, welcome to the forum.

That doesn't sound right, even if you are in normal mode..mine doesn't lag.

Is it also slow to start accelerating in the Sport and/or Power modes?

You mention a transmission flush, do you know what fluid was used?

Cheers, Lee

3 hours ago, Farqui said:

Hi Husein, welcome to the forum.

That doesn't sound right, even if you are in normal mode..mine doesn't lag.

Is it also slow to start accelerating in the Sport and/or Power modes?

You mention a transmission flush, do you know what fluid was used?

Cheers, Lee

It reacts pretty quick to the pedal but its not as powerful as it should be. I dont think its slow in accelerating maybe a little bit slower than a perfectly healthy lexus gs 450h not sure I had the car for a week now. Also I dont really know what fluid been used previous owner didnt say it. I have driven it up to 200km/h nothing feels weird execpt the 1-2 second delay at 100-120km/h when the gear shifts. Am I really the only unlucky guy whos been experiencing this 😄. Also after the 1-2second delay it feels like the car added 100 more horsepower it becomes really quick. Sport mode and other modes working perfectly fine. There is no light error or anything on the screen.  

As  member Ganesh say's this does sound like the transmission oil pump bearing failing. Lexus will only change the complete pump at around £2500. However the pump can be removed from the transmission from under the car. The bearings in the electric motor can then be changed for around £5 as they are just standard ball bearing races.
If you put the car in ready mode and wait for the engine to shut down, if you can hear a rotating knocking rumble noise from under the car that is a sure sign of bearing trouble.

John.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 8:10 AM, Hastu said:

I recently bought lexus gs450h 2007 with 225k km on it, it drives amazing no complaints but when I floor it at around 70-80mph it has almost 2 second delay when it shifts to second gear. (Lo-hi) gear. Any suggestion what is the cause? The gearbox oil been changed around 150k km, I tried to disconnect battery and put it back didn’t work. Also the 0-100 is around 6.2 sec. But it has all season tyres so it might be the reason its little bit slower not sure..

My 2007 GS300  have winter tyre and still gos like stink

• 1 year later...

Hi guys.

I don't know if I need to start a new topic, but my problem is also related with this phenomenon. However, I changed already the bearings of the oil pump and also refreshed the transmission oil with the one specified from Lexus. However, I have noticed that the car also shifts slow (2+ seconds) when it is hot outside 26+  C degrees when I want to pass a car with high speed (thus speeding suddenly). If I drive normal I don't feel a slow change of gear from stage 1 to 2.

Any suggestions?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links