Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got A 400h, Finally!

While the circumstances for upgrading from my IS250 to a RX400h were astoundingly creppe, it did force a purchase of a more practical vehicle to taxi my father around in if need be.  I've been after an RX for a while so it was the obvious choice and while travelling for 2 hours to view the car was less than great the price for the car was and that was that!

She needs two new rear tyres very soon and a good clean where she was parked under a tree for a while but it was the perfect match of interior colour, exterior colour, spec and condition.  No faffing about upgrading the head unit to an MP3/DVD changer as I'd planned buuuut I might look into nabbing a second hand DVD player for the rear...I suspect that upgrade may be far more agg than it's worth.

So...a few questions:

1)  Which apps do experienced owners recommend for hybrid checks?  I already know my way around Torque and was eyeballing Hybrid Assistant...

2)  Does the RX have an AUX headphone port so that I can stream audio from my phone to the head unit via an adaptor?  There's no obvious CD/AUX button like my very similar IS250 unit?

3)  There doesn't seem to be any headlamp washers installed (unless they flip open under certain conditions?) but there's a button for them in the centre console.  Is this normal too?

Thanks in advance and hello, I'm quite chuffed 😄

20200613_144800.jpg

20200613_145315.jpg

20200613_161414.jpg

• Like 3

Nice looking car mate, you will NOT be disappointed.  Re your queries: -

1. I just stick mine in for a hybrid service/check every year - costs about £70 and that guarantees the system for a further year, well worth the money.  Lexus have extended the warranty on      the hybrid checks to 15 years so you might be struggling depending on when yours was registered....

2. No aux in for the stereo system bu 6-CD auto-changer will play MP3 discs so you can have hundreds of tracks at your disposal

3. Headlamp washers only work when lights are on and you pull the wiper leaver to  wash the windscreen as far as I know.  There are guys far more technically advanced than me on the site and they are always willing to help. 

Happy motoring.

• Like 2

As above.

With regards to headlight washers: these are mandatory on all cars with HID/Xenon/LED headlights and activate as described by Brian.

See the little body coloured squarish protrusions that sit on your bumper in front of each of the headlamps: these are your washers. They pop up when activated.

• Like 2

Lovely stuff :thumbsup:

You should be able to get a Bluetooth or aux unit from those lovely people at GROM Audio. CD button is the one marked DISC and if you fit the GROM you press it twice to shift between the autochanger and GROM unit. Obviously you get a decent phone function too with the BT unit. The built in BT on my RX was always a little flaky. 

7 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Lovely stuff :thumbsup:

You should be able to get a Bluetooth or aux unit from those lovely people at GROM Audio. CD button is the one marked DISC and if you fit the GROM you press it twice to shift between the autochanger and GROM unit. Obviously you get a decent phone function too with the BT unit. The built in BT on my RX was always a little flaky. 

If I had a spare kidney I would - unfortunately I'm also a Games Workshop hobbyist so I don't have THAT much spare cash 😁

13 hours ago, Mauler said:

If I had a spare kidney I would - unfortunately I'm also a Games Workshop hobbyist so I don't have THAT much spare cash 😁

You weren't looking at the Vline units were you? Aux adapter kit is about £60 and BT kit is about £120. I've had both and they're very good.

How you getting on with your 400h Mauler? Have you done anything regarding streaming music? There are a number of units available for Bluetooth and Aux in music streaming and to do both at the £100 all in.

On 6/27/2020 at 5:13 PM, Ken Crawley said:

Hi

I have had my 400h for 15 years and 185,000 miles and am now selling the reg number RX5 4OOH for around £250. Fantastic number for a 400h - would you be interested?

No thanks Ken!  I wouldn't get a plate specific to a car model for the same reason that you're selling yours 😁

19 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

How you getting on with your 400h Mauler? Have you done anything regarding streaming music? There are a number of units available for Bluetooth and Aux in music streaming and to do both at the £100 all in.

Loving it, for the most part thank you!  I'd like the electric motor to kick in a bit more but I suppose I just need to get a better feel for the car to get the most out of driving a hybrid.  Seems to get used the most under the gentlest of acceleration and when at a constant low speed: any whiff of an uphill incline and that's it, the V6 is in play!

As for the AUX issue, I just went with a BT to FM transceiver - I like Anker kit as I had a USB lighter charger in my IS and I have one of their USB power packs; very well made and nicely designed.  I plugged the unit into the floor 12v socket so it's all hidden and out of the way, plus I never listen to the actual radio so giving up one of six unused memory saves was not a problem!

Ah a FM transmitter thing. I'm a truck driver and about 8 years ago I bought one of those FM type transmitters but not a Bluetooth one but a wired one. It worked well but the radio needed re tuning because dependant on where I was that particular radio frequency was taken. Even going from Manchester to Leeds threw up interference from radio stations. OK 8 years is a long time ago technically speaking but I'd imagine similar today. I hope you've found a frequency not being used and you're enjoying streaming music via Bluetooth