Recommended Posts

What do you reckon ? Opinions ? I think it looks nice in general just few things not keen on and it's not something I've ever said far as Lexus concerned ! Not that we get this in UK / Europe !

103443260_2936867653206977_6739536193194865089_n.jpg

103756303_2936867569873652_2148533572599656726_n.jpg

103415201_2936867489873660_990955654011036113_n.jpg

84239921_2936867429873666_4851647562432824465_n.jpg

104211656_2936867393207003_7695234378142488610_n.jpg

103727570_2936867359873673_6983058283310324154_n.jpg

82069716_2936867329873676_6688778415797561784_n.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a bit of a quick cobbled together reskin - IMHO it has lost the strong crease lines and good looks that attracted me in the first place to the IS 300h (coming from BMWs) and now it looks a bit dumpy / dowdy - seems more of a step back in design that forward. As you say, Lexus Europe for its own inexplicable reasoning has taken away any chance to even consider one in the UK - but if we did have it in the UK not sure whether I would be looking to upgrade my current 2014 IS 300h for what this would offer over and above what I have - maybe that was the reaction of Lexus Europe when they saw it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Looks like a bit of a quick cobbled together reskin - IMHO it has lost the strong crease lines and good looks that attracted me in the first place to the IS 300h (coming from BMWs) and now it looks a bit dumpy / dowdy - seems more of a step back in design that forward. As you say, Lexus Europe for its own inexplicable reasoning has taken away any chance to even consider one in the UK - but if we did have it in the UK not sure whether I would be looking to upgrade my current 2014 IS 300h for what this would offer over and above what I have - maybe that was the reaction of Lexus Europe when they saw it...

What I was thinking tbh.....I remember when the 3rd gen IS came out loved everything about it and even the 2Gen IS and I thought Lexus could of done better really on this refresh / facelift, shame really and I think they could of really done better with the exhuast even if it is 'fake' tips like the non hybrid ES and GS, no creativity gone in at all with that !!! Just hope if a true replacement 4Gen IS if it happens they reconsider and bring it here just hope this is somewhat a stop gap before it happen if it does. And on another matter it looks like there still isn't an electric folding mirror option for the US model LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

80's Mondeo with a bodykit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PCM said:

80's Mondeo with a bodykit. 

 

That's a harsh comment.. The is still strong elements of the current gen IS with sligt tweeks, btw mondeo wasn't releaed until 1992..  and Ford;s neevr looked good at all except for the Capri. Also Mondeo didn;t do it high waste line until 2007, way after BMW and Lexus started doing it in 5 series, LS  and 2nd gen IS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a bit harsh, I agree.

That's what popped into mind though...

 

( Loved my Mondeo back in the day. )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not big fan of the interior but I actually quite like the exterior design. Did they change anything inside?! Current IS headlights are to small IMO, this one looks decent and I like the rear of the car.

Will I be the only one who likes it? 🙂

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those bloody cup holders!!

I know it may seem like a small point but I’ve lost count how many people complain about the location of them


Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayw13702 said:

Those bloody cup holders!!

I know it may seem like a small point but I’ve lost count how many people complain about the location of them


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theyve been brought forward like in the RC

If you look at the touchpad, the most forward cupholder is in line with it. In our 3rd generation cars, its a lot further back which means our elbows go into it when sitting in the passenger seat. So in that regard, I think Lexus have listened to the customer base and pushed them forward so the passenger can put their elbow on the armrest

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a design success. Second-best looking IS in my opinion (behind the 1IS 😁)

Absolutely love it.

Real, real shame if it doesn't get launched here at all.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is a beautiful design and so much more natural, balanced than the previous one. I just love it and hats off to the designteam.A truly clean flowing design.

Such a shame it will not be available overhere. At first i thought that would be because of slow sales but now i noticed it will only be available with 3 engines and NO hybrid.

2.0t 4 with 241hp, 3.5 V6 with 260 or 311 hp. No mention of hybrid at all. As that would be the only version that could sell at reasonable numbers in Europe that could be the explanation.

That and if it would be availabe ES sales would be dead instantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Such a shame it will not be available overhere. At first i thought that would be because of slow sales but now i noticed it will only be available with 3 engines and NO hybrid.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe (hopefully) it's just limited engine options at launch.

It would absolutely blow my mind if Lexus went the other direction ditches hybrid altogether for the IS while competitors have soldiered on to PHEV in this segment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it , likes it a lot . Looks much better with relatively small changes . Like left the rear lights 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice but made it look like a hatchback, a little like the Audi sportback or bmw 4 series gran coupe ie not obvious hatchback. It’s probably just me though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has a close side profile to current RC whch isn't a hatchback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 2:01 PM, dutchie01 said:

No mention of hybrid at all. As that would be the only version that could sell at reasonable numbers in Europe that could be the explanation.

That is because it was a US launch and they don't have the IS in hybrid form there.

There is a hybrid model for other markets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

There is a hybrid model for other markets.

Is it a 300h?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wonder where that leave the Lexus RC Coupe if they carry on in it's current form or bring out a new one ? Since that is basically a coupe version of the IS, supposing a new RC happens if it does wonder if Lexus UK / Europe decide to take it or not...if not then bye bye Lexus, next gen GT86 it is ! Still no mention of a IS500 people kept on talking about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the IS isn't viable makes you wonder why UK/Europe will bother with RC / LC / LS or anything else that isn't SUV or a token saloon (ES). The ES holds no interest for me whatsoever but I would have been looking to replace my existing IS 300h with the next generation IS (not a facelift which this one is) which I had assumed would probably be 2022. The IS size (being in the same category as BMW 3 series) was spot on for me - so now nowhere for a BMW 3 series driver to migrate into Lexus (like when I came to the IS from my 3 series). A real shame. I am sure they have their business reasons but are turning their back on a lot of customers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

If the IS isn't viable makes you wonder why UK/Europe will bother with RC / LC / LS or anything else that isn't SUV or a token saloon (ES). The ES holds no interest for me whatsoever but I would have been looking to replace my existing IS 300h with the next generation IS (not a facelift which this one is) which I had assumed would probably be 2022. The IS size (being in the same category as BMW 3 series) was spot on for me - so now nowhere for a BMW 3 series driver to migrate into Lexus (like when I came to the IS from my 3 series). A real shame. I am sure they have their business reasons but are turning their back on a lot of customers. 

My thoughts exactly - it be real shame if Lexus did become a suv only brand in Europe - I for one don't want to resort to a 3 series or a C-class and Infiniti has folded in Europe so that's not an option, the ES is nice IMO but very limited engine selection to choose from, still this new 2021 IS is a facelift/refresh not a mk4 IS so maybe just maybe they bring the 'all new' mk4 IS to Europe if Toyota/Lexus don't kill it off in few years time. Also I thought the original mk1 IS was designed with Europe in mind for Europe to compete with BMW and was not even offered in the US till 2001 !! Since the mk2 IS they seemed to forgotten this and concentrated to appeal to the US market... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

That is because it was a US launch and they don't have the IS in hybrid form there.

There is a hybrid model for other markets.

The ES is available in Hybrid

I am not sure the IS does exist in hybrid form any longer. Anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

The ES is available in Hybrid

I am not sure the IS does exist in hybrid form any longer. Anyone?

I can’t see them making two versions of the IS, the facelift for the US, Australia etc and the current version for the EU, so by that metric once existing stock of the current version is exhausted what does the UK receive then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

The ES is available in Hybrid

I am not sure the IS does exist in hybrid form any longer. Anyone?

??

The ES wasn't mentioned. Yes it is available in the US but the IS hybrid isn't, so no surprise hybrid isn't available on the new one.

 

MY21 IS hybrid I believe will be available in Japan and Australia and possibly other countries too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LexIS200Sport said:

Is it a 300h?

Yes, same power plant as the current gen, just with a few tweaks to improve throttle response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank god they haven’t put those ridiculous horns on top of the speedo, puts me off any newer Lexus.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.