Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

incorrect air filter IS200d

The vehicle is IS200d Just thought I would share some useful info about the air filter fitted at last service, I ordered the service parts from well known places, genuine Toyota/Lexus parts.

The problem I have had was that the car was so quiet when driving even for a diesel but something had been bugging me for a few months that when driving at around 1800 to 2000rpm you can hear air in the air box resonating and it never did it when I bought it. The only thing different was the air filter. Was told the air filter I bought was correct for my vehicle, but I questioned the different part number and was told it was correct for the vehicle. Well I decided to bite the bullet and buy the correct air filter and fitted last week and sorted, the car is quiet again and a pleasure to drive as the resonating was getting on my tits. I could not believe that an air filter would make such a difference especially when both are genuine Toyota parts..  

The proper air filter part number for this car 17801-26010.. also the same for IS220d and IS250.... the part number I was told was correct is 17801-YZZAA, I can say for sure it is not the correct air filter and some dealers are selling this as the proper one and a few other places.   I can also say that fuel economy has improved with the new air filter in, it may just be a fluke but I have been doin gthe same route to work, I always thought that my fuel economy had gone down but now has increased by 3mpg, does nit sound a lot but I will be going for a long drive next week and shall see for sure if it has made a difference. I have attached a few pics to show the difference between the 2..  I don't know why some dealers and other stockists are selling the YZZAA air filter has been correct as it definitely isn't... So if you have this filter in I bet if you put the correct one below in you will notice the difference.. not so in the petrol engines... 

The car is gone back to been quiet like it should be... 

IMG_20200604_132201_resized_20200615_100336697.jpg

IMG_20200604_133252_resized_20200615_100336451.jpg

IMG_20200604_133312_resized_20200615_100336904.jpg

• Like 1

Just by looking at the left filter it looks like a fake, with no cross bracing between the fingers you can understand why it would resonate.

A database search lists the correct type but the other one is not even recognised even on Amayama.

It does make you wonder, is there any country of origin marked on the suspect one?

Some of the oil filters have the 5 numbers and five letter format.....does this mean there are also quality issues with these?

BAD5FDCA-4B01-4782-9B27-28857F6967BC.png

2B590718-1A7A-4561-AE66-D3E22473BA3F.png

I can say that there is a couple of official lexus shops on eBay or lexus official store selling both and the so called dodgy one is made in Poland... also lexus parts direct sell the YZZAA air filter for the IS220 and IS200 and IS250....  I know what your saying about the braces that go across the filter but when a official Toyota seller sells you the wrong one then it makes you wonder what else do they sell that's incorrect, also the price for the wrong one is cheaper....   

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

I believe the xxxxx-YZZAA and other such codes are Toyota Optifit parts. Toyota approved OEM replacement parts (rather than genuine OEM parts) to help owners reduce the cost of ownership.

I never knew that... but the cheaper version certainly makes a difference in sound and economy... 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links