Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New lad

JPG

Hi 

new to the site and new to Lexus cars.

just purchased a Lexus CT 200H F-Sport,69 plate. Pick it up on Saturday.

so new to the make and model,new to hybrid cars and new to automatic cars,so going to be fun👍

• Like 1

Welcome to the LOC Jon,hoping you find the forum educational and informative and congratulations on your new purchase,good choice 🥳👍

Hello Jon and welcome to the LOC.

It’s a bit of a learning curve for you but make sure you keep your left foot on the footrest to avoid sudden unexpected emergency stops when you try to put the clutch down!

I also found pulling out from a junction in a gap in traffic was a bit un-nerving when you don’t have the reassuring sound of a petrol engine. 

Once you get used to it I’m sure you will be very happy with a Lexus.

• Like 1

Hello Jon and welcome to LOC. I am interested to know what attracted you to the CT instead of other cars offered by other manufacturers. After all if you read the reviews in the motoring media about ths car you would not touch it......etc.

48 minutes ago, Charlie Alder said:

Hello Jon and welcome to LOC. I am interested to know what attracted you to the CT instead of other cars offered by other manufacturers. After all if you read the reviews in the motoring media about ths car you would not touch it......etc.

Hi 

I’m no car expert and go with what I like the look of.

so It was the looks and the fact it’s a hybrid interests me.

Seen quite a few good reviews if I’m honest,why is it not very good?

Think mostly I want to move away from fuel to electric and see this as a steppingstone to full electric also I think it looks the best👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Hello Jon and welcome to the LOC.

It’s a bit of a learning curve for you but make sure you keep your left foot on the footrest to avoid sudden unexpected emergency stops when you try to put the clutch down!

I also found pulling out from a junction in a gap in traffic was a bit un-nerving when you don’t have the reassuring sound of a petrol engine. 

Once you get used to it I’m sure you will be very happy with a Lexus.

Hi I did have a test drive in one for about 10mins and didn’t know what I was doing😂but liked it,

so the far left peddle is that the handbrake?

and what’s the park option on the gear stick isn’t that brake as well,and the middle peddle?have I got three brakes?😂

• Haha 1

Just remembered an amusing thing to do with electric cars. You always get the day dreamers in supermarket car parks sauntering in the middle of the lane with wobbly the trolley. When you get 2 metres behind  (social distancing) and they suddenly become aware of the silent car and scatter to the sides in blind panic. 😀

19 minutes ago, JPG said:

Hi I did have a test drive in one for about 10mins and didn’t know what I was doing😂but liked it,

so the far left peddle is that the handbrake?

and what’s the park option on the gear stick isn’t that brake as well,and the middle peddle?have I got three brakes?😂

Lexus tend to have a foot operated “parking brake” with a release lever on the dash, the “Park” position on the shifter locks up the transmission so also acts like a brake. 

With the parking brake I tend to pull the release lever, press the pedal down then release the lever to preserve the ratchet mechanism. To release the parking brake I place my foot on the pedal pull and hold the release lever then allow the pedal to rise under my foot, this prevents the pedal from just flying back up when you pull the release.

Pedals run Parking on left, main service hydraulic brakes centre ( bigger pedal) and accelerator pedal on the right.

Just remember with an automatic your left foot is redundant...using it will result in you suddenly stopping as you will hit a brake pedal, if you find it difficult try folding your left leg underneath you on the seat....that stops you trying to use it 😀

14 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Just remembered an amusing thing to do with electric cars. You always get the day dreamers in supermarket car parks sauntering in the middle of the lane with wobbly the trolley. When you get 2 metres behind  (social distancing) and they suddenly become aware of the silent car and scatter to the sides in blind panic. 😀

Can believe that,as when I did my test drive and pressed the start button,I had to ask the salesman what was up with it as it’s not starting.as you can guess he told it had started😂.

11 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Lexus tend to have a foot operated “parking brake” with a release lever on the dash, the “Park” position on the shifter locks up the transmission so also acts like a brake. 

With the parking brake I tend to pull the release lever, press the pedal down then release the lever to preserve the ratchet mechanism. To release the parking brake I place my foot on the pedal pull and hold the release lever then allow the pedal to rise under my foot, this prevents the pedal from just flying back up when you pull the release.

Hope all this comes in the instruction manual 👍

So if I pull up to some lights,should I use the middle foot brake,the far left one or the one on the gear stick, Probably a stupid question,but never drove one🤷‍♂️

I tend to hold the car on the main brake pedal so the big one in the middle, when your ready to move off release the brake pedal and move your foot to the accelerator pedal to move.

Not too sure about the CVT gearboxes but on a conventional automatic in D (Drive) releasing the brake pedal will allow the car to “creep” i.e. begin to move without touching the accelerator giving you good slow speed control.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:19 AM, JPG said:

Hope all this comes in the instruction manual 👍

Left foot parking brake, you only use when getting in the car and leaving the car. Start car, put in drive or reverse release foot parking brake (no lever on dash on CT). The brake moves up and out of the way of your left foot, left foot then rests on foot rest for the rest of your trip (nothing else to do). CVT gear box does creep just like an auto (which it is). When finally getting out of the car, stop and press park button on dash, press down the left foot parking brake, switch off car. Use it once or twice and it becomes second nature. At all other times when driving just use the main brake pedal in the middle (with the right foot). Motoring reviews are it seems written by people who have never driven the CT or do not understand how the CT drives.

Enjoy the car, learn how to get the best out of the engine set up, once you understand how it works it is an amazing drive. I am now on 12K miles and seeing 60 mpg for normal town driving. Really pleased I chose to test drive one and ignore the reviews in the press.

• Like 2

Thanks for that,and that’s what I’m looking forward to doing,trying to understand it and get the best out of it

ant wait till Saturday 👍

I have a MY17 CT Premium having moved from a 53 plate IS200. The CT is a great car and easy peasey to drive. Any queries, we are all here to help. 

The only grizzle I have about the car is the so called "connected services " side of things. The sat nav is ok but seems over complicated to me. Not bothered as I am old fashioned and still use those pretty pieces of paper with funny writing on them called maps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links