Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2005 MK3 GS300 Aftermarket Wheels

Stock 17" wheels need a good refurbish and so im thinking instead of maybe going for a new set of wheels. I want to know what to get or lookout for in terms of offset and width 

Don't mind going up to 18" but not wanting to change springs etc 

I would love to have a set of deep dish style wheels that do not stick out of the arch rather level with the arch would be great

Has anyone upgraded their wheels and can offer any advise ?  

Hi, most Lexus alloys are the same spec bar some LS/CT models, so changing to another Lexus wheel is relatively safe.

Here's my wheel info for reference;

Lexus GS 450 h S190

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Wheel specs and tire sizes (2008 — 2012)

• Bolt pattern (PCD): 5 × 114.3
  • Center Bore (CB): 60.1
  • Thread size (THD): 12 × 1.5
  • Diameter: 18 — 19
  • Width: 245 — 245
  • Aspect ratio: 35 — 40
  • Smallest — Largest tire size: 245/40R18 — 245/35R19

Rims sizes (2008 — 2012)

• Diameter: 18 — 19
  • Width: 8 — 8.5
  • Offset: 41 — 45

Lifted from; https://sizewheeltire.com/lexus-gs-450-h-wheel-and-tire-sizes/

The one drawback with OEM wheels is that they tend to be tucked into the wheel arch rather than flush with the panel.  A flusher fit will give you a more dished wheel if you don't increase the offset. There's a long wheel thread over on Club Lexus that you might find interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Having had a look at club lexus.... OMG! 

Almost everyone is going for over 18 " . Not sure what i want to do now overwhelmed by all the pictures and everyone's setups on the wheel thread over there 

on my 2005 gs 430 im running with 245/30/20 I believe this was a size offered as standard option in the usa, 

however if you live anywhere by speed bumps or badly potholed roads I would not recommend them

they do look cool as **** though (personal opinion -- your opinion may vary)

lexus 2.jpg

On 6/19/2020 at 7:07 PM, AmbroseJohn said:

I’ve got these spare if you’re interested.

1EBAFDE7-7E02-4957-AE42-5B58A9B832C3.jpeg

Still got these but no Lexus to put them on. 18x8 like new. They will fit other Japanese cars too, Honda, Nissan, etc.

13 hours ago, cloudedmind said:

on my 2005 gs 430 im running with 245/30/20 I believe this was a size offered as standard option in the usa, 

however if you live anywhere by speed bumps or badly potholed roads I would not recommend them

they do look cool as **** though (personal opinion -- your opinion may vary)

lexus 2.jpg

Man they look sweet ! what are they and what springs you got ?

Any arch rolling done or anything ?

What is the TPMS situation ?

East Midlands and so maybe not too far away from you ....may have to pop over and take a look . Must say your car looks very nice 

I just on stock 17" wheels at the moment and would not even show you what they currently look like , will give you nightmares ....

@cloudedmind

Where did you get the visors from ? been looking to get a set but want to make sure i get the right ones. Saw a few online but cannot be certain of the quality , also want the type that retains the chrome trim

7 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Had 20 inch staggered rims on my GS450h. They were indeed horrid on our roads. Looked as cool as **** though.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Looks good , was it on stock springs?

Stock springs. Rubber was touching the bodywork under load....Muppet had not factored rolling circumference and had 285's on rear.

Remember skinny tyres will cost £250 a corner for decent brands if you go 20.

Gone back to standard now.

wind deflector visors are WELLvisor they attach with double sided tape and a few clips

https://www.wellvisors.net/index.php/window-deflectors/lexus/wellvisors-side-window-deflectors-lexus-gs300-gs350-gs430-gs450h-gs460-06-11-with-chrome-trim.html 

springs are Tanabe DF210 https://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/tanabe-df210-lowering-springs 

Wheels are axe ex20 https://axewheels.com/ex20-europe/ no arch rolling but the rear tyres are slightly stretched to clear (minimum size should be 255 and im running 245) 

if you've got fat friends in the rear it could be a problem

Tpms was fitted by putting them on the wrong side of he rim I now have 2 tyre valves per wheel -- it all still works fine though and ive never had a problem

8 hours ago, cloudedmind said:

@cloudedmind

Thank you very much for the links much appreciated

I think i may go for 19" with the tanabe springs

What offset do you recommend ? for the wheels ? would want it as flush as possible with the arches and obviously no rubbing or arch mods

Are you running wider wheels at the rear ?

fronts are 8.5j wheels are wider at the rear 10j but im still running 245's on them with a little stretch.. 255 would be better but they will rub my arches

I don't think the 19 inch axe are staggered and should be 8.5j both front and rear.  

alloys tend to come with the manufacturers recommended offsets for your car.. I run 5mm spacers and the wheels are flush with the bodywork