Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

WHEELS FINISHED AT LAST

Hi Guys,

I said I would stick up pics of my newly refurbished wheels once I had the grey inserts and wheel nut covers, so here they are (the wheel nut covers were wrong size first time round so had to wait for the correct ones).

I think they finish off the light anthracite wheels perfectly, just a pity the locking wheel nuts are a tad rusty....

NUTS 1.jpg

NUTS 2.jpg

• Like 7

They look rather smart Brian.

(I won't show your pictures to my wife, for I have encouraged her to believe that any scuffs on the wheels will necessitate brand new wheels, (for reasons of metal stress! 😉 ) and that they'd have to be paid for out of 'housekeeping.)

'Mum's the word' eh?

• Haha 3

Like the style of these wheels.  They do show a lot of the disc though and of course you can't do anything about the rubbed service but maybe you could tone in the hat part which looks a bit patchy with rust showing so detracts a little from overall effect?

I got over the problem of the rusty locking nut by cutting off the skirt of 4  plastic chromed covers, and using some epoxy resin glued a button magnet into the top section. These then sit nicely onto the end of the locking nuts. This hides them completely.

John.

• Like 1

Another quick way to improve your rusty nuts. Roll a 3 inch wide piece of card into a tube to fit over the nut. Put nozzle of silver spray can right up to the tube and give a very quick spray. All four nuts done in 5 minutes.

• Like 1