Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking IS300h on an incline

Hi, unusual question. Anyone owned an is300h for a decent period and parks on an incline ( be it road or driveway)? Any water ingress/damaged caused by this?

Reason I ask is I used to own a VW, and if parked nose up water seeped in through the air filter down to the CCM and if I parked nose down water sat in the boot hinge channels and seized up the mechanisms.

I’m parking my IS300h nose down at the moment and all seems well, given the boot design means no water gets trapped around the boot (plus hinges are internal). Hoping this is the best way, or maybe by design there is no difference or risk of issues with this vehicle?

Thanks as always for any valuable advice.

On 6/18/2020 at 9:32 PM, sheamus said:

Well, there's moisture or water coming from somewhere ,,, 

Thanks, will definitely be taking a look at that!

Ok, it’s decided, nose down for sure. Tried parking nose up today, with the 30 degree heat, this expanded the catch on the centre console (armrest) storage unit, so it flipped open of it’s own accord and set the alarm off! Looks like even a Lexus has its own set of design flaws, albeit a very small one 😂

• Haha 1