Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Would This Have Cost at a Lexus Garage (aka justifying 3 weeks of tinkering)

Radiator fitted (genuine)
AC Condenser (non-OEM)
Spark Plugs
Drive Belt
Radiotor Reservoir hose
ECU duct

clean engine bay, treat rust, replace broken plastic poppers / bolts / nuts

remove and clean all understrays

remove and clean all wheel liners, treat inner arches, remove rust and treat suspension components

Any idea (roughly) what the labour cost would have been on the above?

Well Peter - good job... I do hope your work and substantial cost saving is appreciated.

I fear that the tariff level for car repair is lower than say painting and decorating/doing what one is told/supporting other half in a pointless argument with off-spring...

🤧

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Charlie Alder said:

Always gives me a warm feeling inside when I see a v clean engine bay like yours. As a matter of interest what materials did you use to achieve such an immaculate job.

Whatever I could lay my hands on 🙂 cleaned everything with Cillit Bang Kitchen cleaner(!), then Gunk Engine Cleaner, then Interior Car Polish for the plastic work. slam panel was removed, sanded down and resprayed with Hammerite 🙂 

2 hours ago, rich1068 said:

So. The money you saved. What are you spending that on?

you mean what is she spending it on!😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, rich1068 said:

So. The money you saved. What are you spending that on?

Honestly? I'd love to do something with it along the lines of the Jaguar Project 8 that Harry Meycalfe has in his garage. Just love the idea of a big spoiler on the back! And when I get up with it, take the thing off and put some aluminium grommets in.

jaguar-xe-sv-project-8-1004.jpg

harry-metcalfe-puts-his-jaguar-project-8-xe-on-a-dyno_100674875.jpg

2019-jaguar-xe-sv-project-8-review.jpg

17 minutes ago, Herbie said:

The word "spoilers" has never been so appropriate!

Just like a big carrying handle in my view!

I know, but there's something about a big car with a genuine bit of grunt carrying them. I'll be mocking the thing up in Photoshop before taking this any further 😉 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links