Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just bought mine - a few questions

UKdave99

Hello.

Just bought my first CT.  A 2016 model, it has the F-sport package and the red leather seats.  Not new to Lexus, my last car was an ultra reliable, solid but gas-guzzling is200h (as per avatar!).    

First thing I noticed is a little wear/damage to the red leather in the usual places.  As others on the forum have suggested, the black leather is probably more forgiving but I do like the red and am hoping I might be able to restore them. There are one or two other little cosmetic imperfections too.  I get the impression it hasn't been particularly well looked after, hence me getting it a little cheaper than some others.  1 owner full Lexus service history though, which was the main priority.  

So what is the foot parking pedal all about and how does it compare to the park button on the console (such a newbie question I know).  Does everyone use the foot pedal whenever they park or just on hills?  

My first hybrid, I'm obsessing a little about trying to keep it in Battery mode as much as possible around town, for economy and because I just love driving about with no engine [I should concede that I was originally considering a Nissan Leaf of similar age].  Only 2 days since I bought the car, I hope in time I'll forget all of this Battery versus engine and just enjoy the overall experience lol.   I must admit I am finding so much tech a little overwhelming at the moment but am sure I will get used to it.  

Driving on the motorway is an absolute pleasure.  I have heard about harsh ride and was weary of the F-sport for that, but it is smooth, silky and feels solid without being at all firm.  Quiet too.  

Thinking about some wheel spacers to align the wheels to the bodywork.  Controversial I expect so would appreciate any recommendations or concerns in this area.  

Think the stereo is slightly less good than the standard one in my old is200 .  Might consider some beefier/bassier speakers perhaps?  Any recommendations welcomed.  

Thanks for listening, may post a few pics soon.  

• Like 2

I always use both the foot brake and park.

Think of it like this.....

Foot brake = traditional handbrake

Park button = traditional park on an auto transmission

When you turn the car off park is automatically engaged anyhow.

The thing to bare in mind if selecting EV mode is once the Battery is depleted it will need recharging. If no downhill travel or regen braking opportunities then it will start the engine anyhow.

No such thing as a free lunch. So coasting into your road in EV mode when close to home will mean the engine will need to run and for longer the next time you use the car. Swings and roundabouts.

Oh and I leave mine in drive on hills and press the brake. Pushing the brake right in will activate hill start and prevent rollback for a couple of seconds.

Don't use neutral as the Battery doesn't recharge in neutral.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links