Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New (old) RX owner

RXAndy

Evening everyone, nice to be here! 

I have recently bought a one-owner, fsh 2003 RX300 in great nick and I'm really chuffed with it. Only real problem was a hissing radio which I was aware of when I bought it. I eventually narrowed down to a fault in the amplifier so I replaced it with one from a scrapper (£90) and all good now. It was a nightmare to access mind, I expected over-engineering but really.....! 

Other than that there's condensation in one of the headlamps which i'll sort at some point (I made a half hearted attempt with a hair dryer and a tube of sealant but it steamed straight up again next time I drove the car!) and a slightly irritating clicking noise behind the dash which I presume is that servo thing that seems to be an issue on these from what I've read. I'll sort it if it actually fails but it's working fine atm. 

And that's it. An amazing car for not a lot of money, couldn't be happier!

Screenshot_20200601_081423_uk.co.autotrader.androidconsumersearch.jpg

• Like 4

Hello Andy and welcome to the LOC.

That’s the way to buy...max depreciation, one owner and with a full service history.

Had mine nearly 15 years now and can’t seem to find anything better.

Thanks chaps! I have 2 friends with extremely elderly Lexuses and they are amazing cars (both have been bulletproof) which sowed the seed as it were. The RX has still surpassed expectations, drives like a new car. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links