Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New car on Saturday

JPG

Also got them down to £1079.50 for the service package,do any of you think that’s a good deal?

it does include it’s first MOT,free bulb fittings(except the headlights),free puncture repairs,free wash&vac.

2 hours ago, JPG said:

Also got them down to £1079.50 for the service package,do any of you think that’s a good deal?

it does include it’s first MOT,free bulb fittings(except the headlights),free puncture repairs,free wash&vac.

ASk them to go lower. As we have a quote for 3 services at £747.98. However, we have extended warranty and they provide free MOTs.

That’s the best they can do,they are saying they have got stick the Lexus service plan prices

8 minutes ago, JPG said:

That’s the best they can do,they are saying they have got stick the Lexus service plan prices

Which group does your car belong to and which dealership is this? If its Inchcape they can provide a maximum of 10% discount 

6 hours ago, JPG said:

For a new CT200h (or nearly new CT200h) assuming the first service hasn't been done yet at 10k miles / 12 months, then for the three services it's intermediate followed by full 20k followed by another intermediate. Look at https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/vehicle-service/#pricing and scroll down and select model CT200h and you will see the pricing - and for 2x int and a full 20K it comes to £865. This is the official Lexus prices and so you should certainly not be paying more than that. The service plan allows you to spread this cost into 24x interest free monthly payments. If the initial 10k intermediate service has been done then it's a full 20k, int 30k, and full 40k which would be £1,055. I would be pointing them to these figures - your best quote is still higher (just) than the official Lexus figures for the 2x full and 1x int (so that assumes your car has already had it's first 10k int service - you don't say what the mileage is on it now). Now, if they are adding something that is fine - but you will not need an MOT for 3 years (does the plan get you that far - it's normally a two year plan), chances of a bulb blowing are very remote in that time, you will get a free wash and vac anyway when it's serviced with a Lexus service plan and so the only thing might be free puncture repairs that may be an extra to the standard Lexus plan...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

For a new CT200h (or nearly new CT200h) assuming the first service hasn't been done yet at 10k miles / 12 months, then for the three services it's intermediate followed by full 20k followed by another intermediate. Look at https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/vehicle-service/#pricing and scroll down and select model CT200h and you will see the pricing - and for 2x int and a full 20K it comes to £865. This is the official Lexus prices and so you should certainly not be paying more than that. The service plan allows you to spread this cost into 24x interest free monthly payments. If the initial 10k intermediate service has been done then it's a full 20k, int and 30k, and full 40k which would be £1,055. I would be pointing them to these figures - your best quote is still higher (just) than the official Lexus figures for the 2x full and 1x int (so that assumes your car has already had it's first 10k int service - you don't say what the mileage is on it now. Now, if they are adding something that is fine - but you will not need an MOT for 3 years (does the plan get you that far - it's normally a two year plan), chances of a bulb blowing are very remote in that time, you will get a free wash and vac anyway when it's serviced with a Lexus service plan and so the only thing might be free puncture repairs that may be an extra to the standard Lexus plan...

Great analysis Phil, crystal clear.

Incidentally, I took out a 10 year service plan for my GS450h at £34 per month, fixed and it has been excellent value.

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Great analysis Phil, crystal clear.

Incidentally, I took out a 10 year service plan for my GS450h at £34 per month, fixed and it has been excellent value.

Wow - 10 year plan - never heard of that. I currently have a service plan that is 3 services in two years (as I was doing around 15k per annum) and two years seemed to be the norm for the plan - but may end up being nearer 3 services in 3 years (but paid for over 2 years) with the recent more limited mileage...!

3 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Wow - 10 year plan - never heard of that. I currently have a service plan that is 3 services in two years (as I was doing around 15k per annum) and two years seemed to be the norm for the plan - but may end up being nearer 3 services in 3 years (but paid for over 2 years) with the recent more limited mileage...!

I took it out in July 2014 with the intention of not buying another car. I mean having had a Lexus GS, where else does one need to look ?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, JPG said:

That’s the original quote,but got them down to £1079.50

See my post a few above - even at the "discounted" price this is still more (by a few pounds) than the official Lexus price on the Lexus website (and has the car had the first 10k service yet?) - personally I think they are pulling a fast one and would not be happy with their approach...

26 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

See my post a few above - even at the "discounted" price this is still more (by a few pounds) than the official Lexus price on the Lexus website (and has the car had the first 10k service yet?) - personally I think they are pulling a fast one and would not be happy with their approach...

It’s had a Battery health check and a intermediate service on June the 20th and I’ve just done the price check on the Lexus site and that comes to £1055

thinkbi can live with that.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well just drove down to Newquay from Mansfield and for the first time refused to swop with the missis😂

what I do love is the radar sensor on the front.set your desired speed and it increases and decreases with the traffic,👍 what with no gears to Change either,it’s not far off driving it’s self.

fuel wise,I’m impressed.from a full tank,I used 3/4s £35,+ a supermarket trip.usually have to fill up more or less straight away in my other motors.so yeah Love it👍

Don’t think I’ve put any photos of the car on here yet so here’s a few.

31A4C6AB-04B5-4F7F-B7F9-618B83015B21.jpeg

4781D9F5-DBB0-43FB-BE0B-570D02196EF4.jpeg

2 hours ago, JPG said:

Well just drove down to Newquay from Mansfield and for the first time refused to swop with the missis😂

what I do love is the radar sensor on the front.set your desired speed and it increases and decreases with the traffic,👍 what with no gears to Change either,it’s not far off driving it’s self.

fuel wise,I’m impressed.from a full tank,I used 3/4s £35,+ a supermarket trip.usually have to fill up more or less straight away in my other motors.so yeah Love it👍

Don’t think I’ve put any photos of the car on here yet so here’s a few.

31A4C6AB-04B5-4F7F-B7F9-618B83015B21.jpeg

4781D9F5-DBB0-43FB-BE0B-570D02196EF4.jpeg

Glad you are enjoying the car,Jon. She looks beautiful and virginal in her dazzling white!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jon.

I see you have asked most of the questions I had when I got my CT200 at the end of July. I absolutely love mine (registered Sept 2019) and quickly figured out when to use the different driving settings just by trying it - Sports mode is excellent for going up steep winding hills!

I’m bizarrely finding myself driving slower than I ever have (the husband can’t believe it)  in an obsession to have it in electric mode and increase my mpg. I’ve even not minded being in slow traffic as it has upped my mpg! I get my business mileage back based on a petrol car so I’m quids in. I generally get 60mpg on a mixture of road types plus motorways.

I ended up not taking any of the dealer offers based on the condition of cars I’ve had previously (fingers crossed).

The guys on here are great with their experience and suggestions. I have never loved a car so much. I hope your wife likes it as well - us Lexus Ladies look good behind that wheel.😀

• Like 5

Hi 

yes she loves it and sports mode😂Im the same as you I’ve slowed right down and also try to get the best mileage,actually don’t mind being beaten at the lights anymore 😂,maybe that will wear off.

i took out the service plan with my dealer but not the other stuff,went with a firm advised on here,and they have been good,already fixed the alloy wheel I scraped on a kerb,good as new👍.

• Like 2