Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF Brake Rattle

Hey guys

Looking for any ideas. A month or so ago a started getting what sounded like pad rattle on the ISF, Ive had it in two different places and nothing can be found. Pins seems fine, pads are all fine as are all the fittings. Replaced the front pads while we were there and still no difference.

I sounds like a light metal rattle only over bumps on the road, and it goes away with light pressure on the brake pedal.

Wondered if anyone else had a similar issue? I was thinking of trying new pins?

Thanks guys, I drove it back from the garage there and i didnt notice anything. They said it was still doing it so will give it a good test tomorrow.

Appreciate the comments, if its still doing it I think i'll try new pins first

So annoying 🙂

• Like 1

There are no slide pins on these callipers as they are (as I discovered only last week) 6 pots.

Check the disc covers ( the shield behind the disc) as these sometimes get distorted and contact the disc, upper suspension ball joint and lower ball joints for excessive play.

Unfortunately still there, seems to be drivers side front.

I was thinking of getting a fitting kit like this: http://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-is-f/lexus-is-f-2007-2014/brakes-transmission/lexus-is-f-front-pad-fitting-kit/

As well as the slider pin and see if that helps. Expensive fitting kit though!

It seems to come with pins and guide though by the looks of it:

s-l1600.thumb.png.78f67b562cf2bad2cdc9c440efc610bc.png

• 4 weeks later...

Fitted the kit with new bolts today and its better, but still there. However its clearly the rear now.

Ordered the rear set this time, much cheaper from Bell Lexus in the US through eBay. I would happily have ordered here if they weren't over twice the price for the fitting kit.

Fingers crossed for when they arrive, at least its better and clearer

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links