Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

British Flag on Uk Number Plates

Steven

Am I right in hearing that it is now legal to have the union jack on your number plate instaed of the dreaded Euro Flag...

I was watching the news and saw a small article on their saying that it has been legalised... but i might be wrong as i was half asleep :smug:

ok, as i understand it, it is legal to have either a scottish, welsh or english flag on your plate along with the country code eg for wales it would CYM. BUT it is ONLY legal within the UK not in mainland europe!

so if you have a welsh flag with CYM you will still require a GB sticker if you go to mainland europe, this also applies to scotland and england unless the GB code is on the plate.

this is what i have gathered from the papers, but if anyone knows otherwise please post.

cheers

robbie.

LOL, thought i had super quick reply!!

cheers 4 the link. as you say as long as we can still get flashed then alls ok!

Did i read somewhere that there have been probs with the digital cameras reading the wrong digits? something to do with the camera only reading in horizontal strokes?? any more info greatly appreciated.

robbie.

[Edited on 1-1-2002 by fluff34567]

• 12 years later...

OK - seen as though I got into trouble with this a few months back I'll let you folks know what is legal and not legal.

Plates with the union jack, st georges cross etc etc is illegal IF displayed on its own

To be legal - it has to have an identifier for example, GB, ENG, UK, CYM.

I only had the st georges cross - goes well with the Doctor number plate :P and I got pulled over and told to change the number plate. He said it'd be OK if I got GB put at the bottom

WTF? 13 year gap between posts! And wayneyboy's post is totally off topic...

@wayneyboy - Why didn't/don't you take it back to the garage that did your cam belt/water pump change? Maybe they've screwed up the timing with the new cambelt?

@rayaans - have you got a pic of your plate?