Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus LC 500 Sport Plus Video

ThomasD94

Hey Lexi friends,

I feel like an impostor posting here as I don't have an LC, (do have a SC430 if that counts??) Lexus Glasgow loaned myself their LC for this video.

Here is the video I made on the LC 500 Sport Plus, I hope you enjoy it? Thomas 🙂

14 hours ago, ThomasD94 said:

Hey Lexi friends,

I feel like an impostor posting here as I don't have an LC, (do have a SC430 if that counts??) Lexus Glasgow loaned myself their LC for this video.

Here is the video I made on the LC 500 Sport Plus, I hope you enjoy it? Thomas 🙂

Interestingly a friend of mine was planning to buy an LC500 from a main dealer just last week, 11k on the clock, but when they did a 150 point pre sale check they found an oil leak so had to remove it from sale!  To say he was disappointed is an understatement.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Do you know where the leak was from? I have not seen any leakage from mine - yet.

I'm guessing this is a rare thing.  Apparently it was coming from the front, that's all they said.  The dealer is in contact with Japan over it. I don't know if they are all V8's but this is.  He lives in Surrey so I'm guessing it's a dealer not too far away, I will text him this evening to find out where it's from.

8 hours ago, AJ500 said:

Is this the Leicester car?

Surely the dealer can fix the oil leak and sell it to your friend.

Yes, just checked and it's Leicester.  

I noticed that car was “Reserved” but then suddenly came back on the For Sale page without that qualification.

Shame your friend cannot buy it but there are various other V8 versions currently available.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AJ500 said:

I noticed that car was “Reserved” but then suddenly came back on the For Sale page without that qualification.

Shame your friend cannot buy it but there are various other V8 versions currently available.

In his own words he "lost confidence" I guess that's understandable when you're spending 50k! 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 8:04 AM, The-Acre said:

Interestingly a friend of mine was planning to buy an LC500 from a main dealer just last week, 11k on the clock, but when they did a 150 point pre sale check they found an oil leak so had to remove it from sale!  To say he was disappointed is an understatement.

That is very interesting! shame

28 minutes ago, ThomasD94 said:

That is very interesting! shame

I'm sure it could all have been sorted but as he just paid 3k to sort a Mercedes oil leak I can understand his hesitation. As far as I know he'll still be open to another but again it would have to be a main dealer car.

• Like 1

There is a near identical one at Bristol main dealer,I believe.

Would have expected Leicester to sort this and get the deal done.

He is missing out on a wonderful driving experience!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I'm sure it could all have been sorted but as he just paid 3k to sort a Mercedes oil leak I can understand his hesitation. As far as I know he'll still be open to another but again it would have to be a main dealer car.

Wow that is alot of money, may I ask what type of Mercedes?

6 hours ago, ThomasD94 said:

Wow that is alot of money, may I ask what type of Mercedes?

I'm not over familiar with Mercedes so I don't know the model, although I've traveled in it.  It's a diesel engine with the typical Range Rover type body, and I remember him saying it's something like a 2.4 but I'm not certain.  The problem wasn't the part which was cheap, it was the labour accessing it. As I recall it was a 15 reg.  Probably a 4Matic thinking about it.

• Like 1

The LC500 with the oil leak is still under manufacturers warranty and when sold will have the used warranty on top,so if it did recur it would be covered at Lexus expense.

On 6/25/2020 at 6:11 AM, The-Acre said:

I'm not over familiar with Mercedes so I don't know the model, although I've traveled in it.  It's a diesel engine with the typical Range Rover type body, and I remember him saying it's something like a 2.4 but I'm not certain.  The problem wasn't the part which was cheap, it was the labour accessing it. As I recall it was a 15 reg.  Probably a 4Matic thinking about it.

no worries, I was just curious and wow that is alot of labour