Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rubber Floor Mats

PeteTP

Please could you help or offer advice.

I’ve ordered an ES 300h. However, the rubber floor mat addition proved too much for the deal-maker.

Im only in the market for genuine Lexus mats, hence my enquiry. Where have others found success in a similar search, please? 

I have BTW written to LPD to see what they say as the mats are not showing up on their website, even though the boot liner is.

Hoping to receive some wisdom from the learned ES body of the Kirk.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Lexus have them on their eBay store:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-ES-Rubber-Floor-Mats-Front-Rear-RHD-2018-0821033800C0-/264201025213?hash=item3d839bb6bd

I'd contact Lexus Swindon - LexusPartsDirect, they will be cheaper. They only tend to put parts up on their website once someone has made an enquiry on that specific part.

Hello again Colin,

Appears to be a discrepancy between what LPD day (there are only Lexus rubber front mats) and what the Lexus eBay store is advertising. I’m awaiting a response from the latter.

In the meantime, Im still interested in finding out has anyone had any good experience with purchasing Rubber mats for rear  foot wells of their new GS?

TVM as always in advance of the usual great advice.

Pete

You may well ask John.

A review of it’s size and a family meeting to vent their full and frank views, coupled with what I was after constantly eluding me, it was mutually agreed that I should change tack. Or put it another way, I finally heeded my wife’s advice and returned to where I bought the IS 13 years ago. They produced a package for a Takumi that was too tempting to refuse, including giving me the money I was after for my IS. Everything is the same as it was back in ‘07😃.

As for JC, he continues to post his cars and duplicating adverts, one with his name or ‘Alan’ and the other with SWL. I keep reporting the fraudulence of the ads but for now they continue. The sooner the state takes his Co assets and his operation is shut down the better.

Hope that all makes sense. Trust all okay with you and yours.

Pete

11 minutes ago, PeteTP said:

You may well ask John.

A review of it’s size and a family meeting to vent their full and frank views, coupled with what I was after constantly eluding me, it was mutually agreed that I should change tack. Or put it another way, I finally heeded my wife’s advice and returned to where I bought the IS 13 years ago. They produced a package for a Takumi that was too tempting to refuse, including giving me the money I was after for my IS. Everything is the same as it was back in ‘07😃.

As for JC, he continues to post his cars and duplicating adverts, one with his name or ‘Alan’ and the other with SWL. I keep reporting the fraudulence of the ads but for now they continue. The sooner the state takes his Co assets and his operation is shut down the better.

Hope that all makes sense. Trust all okay with you and yours.

Pete

We are both fine Pete.

Many thanks for the comprehensive answers.It appears that in a parallel universe you married my wife and inherited my family !

Very pleased that all is working out for you, lets have lots of piccies when it arrives.

Churchill will get his comeuppance in due course, no doubt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 12:48 PM, PeteTP said:

👍

May I politely enquire.......Any top recommendation for rear seat rubber mats as Lexus def do NOT make them, surprisingly?

TVM.

Pete

I ordered an ES last year and the dealer included the premium pack which is boot liner, front Lexus rubber mats and a rear bumper protector trim, Most ES owners know of this pack and as you said the cost of these items individually is outrageous.     Rear ES rubber mats are not included in the premium pack but do exist because my dealer priced them up for me and they cost £200, can't locate the part number I'm afraid.      I thought about getting them but then nobody  ever sits  in the back of my car since I bought it, not even family.

I have my original LS460 rear rubber mats  so I use these  mats in my ES without any modifications.  They fit fine are are genuine Lexus mats

It's true the Lexus E Bay parts website did  show at one time a full set of winter rubber mats for the ES so I sent a message last year via e bay to double check if  I could get the 4 mat set in order to obtain the rear mats at a cheaper price and have a spare set of front mats as well.  I think the price for 4 mats was around £200 making the set cheap when you consider  the £400 for front mats and the £200 for rear mats if you buy them  as two part numbers. That is just  plain daft and although these mats are really good the pricing structure is just a rip off.    However I got a message back from the official E Bay Lexus parts website to say sorry can't supply.  The rear mats were not available despite a photo of them on the website at the time in 2019 and the headline advert saying front and rear rubber mats for the 2019 ES300.    The advert no longer appears.   

Thanks for your sharing your experience. There are absolutely definitely no LEXUS rear mats. I checked as far afield as RoI, Australia and Japan. Any suggestion to the contrary is an error, as confirmed by Lexus U.K.

All that said my ES was supplied with perfectly fitting rear mats. So a bit of banter-laden negotiation bore fruit in the end! Result happiness...at least for me.

Thanks for your post.

Pete

• Like 1

ES has no rear rubber mats. Latest LS models have no Lexus rubber mats at all Clearly rubber is a downmarket material inconsistent with the prestige of the most up-to-date LS interior.

Funny old world🙄.

Pete

Can you believe it, Lexus Leeds actually gave me a parts enquiry print out and a part number for what they said was rear rubber mats for the ES300h. Found the part number on my phone's note pad so   rang Lexus Sheffield who ran the number through their computer and they were rubber  Lexus ES mats but fronts not rears.    So as stated previously by PeteTP they don't exist.

And finally (perhaps) ......I believe the confusion has been caused by a labelling/description error. These mats include ‘FR’ on the sticker tag. My understanding is that in Toyota/Lexus land that is code for front and rear. However, whoever created the product description intended that abbreviation to mean just ‘front’. A simple but very confusing/misleading error.

Hopefully that is of help rather than me adding to the confusion!

PeteTP

• 3 weeks later...

My dealer agreed to throw in a set of rubber floor mats with my new ES300h Takumi, he assured me (3 times)  that it would be a full set (4 mats) but in the event they only supplied the front mats. Apparently Lexus do not supply rear rubber mats. I guess your rear passengers will have to remove their shoes before getting in the car ;-(.  You may find a set on eBay, I am looking for mudflaps on eBay, but they appear to be Chinese imitations. So check things out carefully before ordering.

1 minute ago, Martin_W said:

My dealer agreed to throw in a set of rubber floor mats with my new ES300h Takumi, he assured me (3 times)  that it would be a full set (4 mats) but in the event they only supplied the front mats. Apparently Lexus do not supply rear rubber mats. I guess your rear passengers will have to remove their shoes before getting in the car ;-(.  You may find a set on ebay, I am looking for mudflaps on ebay, but they appear to be Chinese imitations. So check things out carefully before ordering.

And secure ALL agreements in writing!

John,  yes rear rubber winter mats for the ES don't exist, as far as Lexus is concerned they don't make them.    Don't dismiss those mud flaps from China if they are the same ones I bought and arrived in 7 days from China !!!    They are a perfect fit in every respect, no modifying them, every hole lines up with existing plug fixings in the wing liners.  At £25 they were a real find.  Lexus don't do them yet.   THERE IS A THREAD OF MINE WITH PICTURES OF THE eBay ADVERT AND THE FLAPS ON MY CAR.  GO TO PAGE 4 ON THE ES FORUM AND YOU WILL SEE IT.      I WOULD NEVER FIT SPURIOUS PARTS TO MY CAR.  WHEN I BOUGHT THEM AT £25 I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE  A RISK BUYING CHINESE MUD FLAPS BUT THIS COMPANY HAD CLEARLY SET OUT TO MAKE THEM FOR THE ES.   THE PROFILES OF THE INJECTED MOULDED FLAPS ARE PERFECT.  

• Like 1