Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

crumple zones and your safety

1 hour ago, Malc said:

bugger seeing out the rear view mirror though :unsure:

Malc

Door mirrors look intact plus they are electrically adjustable.

Considering there is no Euro NCAP rating on this model I think looking at those pictures it would attain the full 5 stars in the test.

This is also not a brand new car so even after years of use causing structural wear and tear it held out!

Got hit high up by an SUV or a pickup. If it had been a regular car the penetration would have been way less.
The bumper bar has been pushed down but has hardly moved inwards.
I never did understand what the point was of crash testing cars against walls when most crashes are car-car and their bumpers are all at different heights?
Yay, another reason to hate SUVs along with their restriction of forward sight-lines and their drivers inability to gauge the width of their vehicle.

17 hours ago, ambermarine said:

Here we have a bad rear ender that hopefully the occupants were not in situ  but it shows how well any one in the cabin would have been protected.

Lexus ls430 3.jpg

Lexus ls430 2.jpg

Lexus ls430.jpg

Phil,

Was that a right hand drive car and was the photo taken in UK ?

26 minutes ago, J88TEO said:

From the 2nd photo looks like left hand drive.

Could be Jo.The main damage to the rear is to the nearside (on a left hand drive),which is the offside on a right hand drive car.

Such a collision (to the offside on a rh drive car), although possible, would not occur often in UK, which is why I asked Phil the question.

• Confused 1

I gained the shots from copart internationals website of salvage vehicles and this one was wrecked in the UAE.

I think we will have to get VAR to sort out who's offside.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

I gained the shots from copart internationals website of salvage vehicles and this one was wrecked in the UAE.

I think we will have to get VAR to sort out who's offside.

Thanks Phil.

They drive on the right,so that answers a lot of questions.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links