Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus First Again!

This is probably something that you would not normally get to know but I think you will find interesting.

As you know we all work very hard to ensure our (Dealer) relationship with our customers (You) is as at the highest standard possible. Lexus GB also tries very hard to have the best relationship possible with their dealers.

As a result of this they have been once again voted first in the latest Dealer Attitude Survey conducted by the National Franchised Dealers Association.

I would like to extend my congratulations and thanks to everyone at LGB, with this sort of support it makes my job so much easier! Well done guys……

The press release reads…..

Lexus Voted Top Once Again By UK Dealers

Lexus’s relationship with its UK network of dealers is stronger, more effective and more rewarding that that of any other manufacturer. That is the resounding conclusion of the latest Dealer Attitude Survey conducted by the National Franchised Dealers Association (NFDA). It shows Lexus outperforming all other brands and achieving a maximum satisfaction rating in a number of key areas.

Lexus ranked first in 40 out of the 44 questions asked in the survey. One major improvement was the ‘product image’ question, in which Lexus moved up from third position to first, ahead of BMW, Audi and Land Rover, which tied for second place.

The NFDA survey, conducted twice a year, measures aspects of the dealers’ business relationships with their manufacturer or vehicle importer. Lexus’s emphatic performance included the strongest possible views about parts and vehicle distribution and future profit potential. Lexus also performed particularly well with regards product availability, training, product positioning and pricing.

Karl Schlicht, Lexus Director, said: ‘This survey emphatically demonstrates how our determination to make Lexus the best extends to all areas of its business. It is by building such an effective and sustainable relationship with our centers that we can continue to deliver the very highest standards of service to our customers’

can you post the "product image" as a listing - so we know who is where etc?

don't quite follow the "ahead of BMW, Audi and Land Rover, which tied for second place." part

I am afraid I don't have the list available.

What this meant was that Lexus was first with these others joint second and the rest there after.

As you know we all work very hard to ensure our (Dealer) relationship with our customers (You) is as at the highest standard possible. Lexus GB also tries very hard to have the best relationship possible with their dealers.

I would like to know what customers were asked, as a recent customer buying a new IS200 sport I would not rank LEXUS anywhere near No 1. It took over 6 months to get lexus to fix paint chipping and Gear Box problem reported after 1 week of use, poor build quality, more than one attempt to carry out simple fixes etc, etc

Sorry to hear about your problems. Have you managed to get them all sorted now?

I think this was a dealer survey rather than an end-customer survey. The dealers were asked for their views regarding their vehicle's importers or manufacturers (as this affects their service to you the customer). After all, the dealers are customers in their own right in their relationship with the manufacturers.

There will always be cases that slip through the net (even for Lexus), so surveys like JD Power will only reflect what the majority of customers feel.

If surveys were based on the worst customer experience, then every single manufacturer/supplier would come out badly, and there would be little point in having the survey. For instance, many people rate BT as an ISP, but that hides the fact that I think they're one of the worst! I should be able to work from home using my DSL connection, but because it's so unreliable, I have to drive 100 miles a day to the office!

when i read the press release on the motor trader web site, it seemed to me that it was a survey where car dealer franchisees voted as to how they thought of their supplier, i.e., lexus, ford, bmw, etc.

on that basis, it seems that lexus franchisees get better service from lexus GB, than we, the consumer, get from lexus dealers. which begs the questions, if the manufacturer is so good, and the franchise holders are letting them down, why don't they do what MacDonalds do in the same circumstances, and just take over the franchise? or better still, buy out all the dealers (there aren't that many) and run the whole operation?

tescos wouldn't be so consistantly successful if their stores were all franchises.

Are "we" as a group now getting bad service from Lexus dealers? The JD Power surveys for the past few years seem to indicate otherwise, but it may be a different story when the next one is published - we'll have to wait and see.

But if you think Lexus is bad - you should hear what Audi did to my other half when she spent £30K on a new A4. I'd have sued them! But it's all relative, and things tend to suggest that Lexus owners as a whole do much better than most other owners.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Have you managed to get them all sorted now?

I think this was a dealer survey rather than an end-customer survey. The dealers were asked for their views regarding their vehicle's importers or manufacturers (as this affects their service to you the customer). After all, the dealers are customers in their own right in their relationship with the manufacturers.

There will always be cases that slip through the net (even for Lexus), so surveys like JD Power will only reflect what the majority of customers feel.

If surveys were based on the worst customer experience, then every single manufacturer/supplier would come out badly, and there would be little point in having the survey. For instance, many people rate BT as an ISP, but that hides the fact that I think they're one of the worst! I should be able to work from home using my DSL connection, but because it's so unreliable, I have to drive 100 miles a day to the office!

Yes and No as I'm still not happy with the Gear Box,

The way the orignal thread read 'You' The customer, I take that as being 'ME' a customer, after experienceing the LEXUS buying experience 1st hand I really can't see how they are voted number 1, the only way is if customers are not honest and admit they have had problems with there cars, for a company that has had the following known issues for a number years and still not fixed them shows contempt for there customers.

Paint Chipping

Poor Gear Change

Poor quality alloy wheels

To mention only few, this does not strike me to be a No 1 supplier of quality cars,

Sorry for the Rant, it does :tsktsk: me off when I read how great something is when I know it's not.

One last thing I've have not received any questioniares any comunication etc from Lexus asking what I think of the car etc since I purchased the car back in June last year. They can't just relie on warranty repairs to know what's wrong otherwise they would have fixed the above issues years ago.

I've had really good service from my local dealer, but as someone pointed out not so long ago - we're so used to cr@p service everywhere we go these days that when someone does do what they're supposed to do, people rate it as 'good'.

In the past 2½yrs my local dealer has replaced tyres free of charge (uneven wear on front tyres), replaced a misted up headlamp f.o.c., replaced corroded alloys without even asking to see the car first, valeted the car whenever I've been there, arranged test drives at very short notice, and given me an SC430 and GS300's as courtesy cars. So I really am being honest when I rate the dealer as they really have gone out of their way to help. Maybe I'm lucky and this isn't the norm any more?

Problem is, I know so many friends and colleagues with new BMWs, Mercs, Audis, Fords, VWs etc., who have had nothing but grief (my other half included). Hehe... mate bought brand new Ford Mondeo ST220 Estate. After 2 months it was off the road for six weeks because of steering problems. He was given a Ford Ka to use for four of those weeks, and was offered 10% off his first service - that worked out at £90 so he got a £9 discount!! :lol: