Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CCTV - Dome - Up high...

PCM

Hello,

I have CCTV installed around my house, which I did, but fancy one of those high-up Dome CCTV wired cameras, near the eaves.

Has anyone had one installed - any tips?

( Too high for me - afraid of heights! )

If you installed the CCTV around your house, the dome cameras should be very similar to mount and wire up.

I installed the CCTV system in my place. Mounted the external cameras on the soffit around the perimeter of the house. Ran the wires back through the roofspace. Used one of these to help guide the wires.

• Like 1

Really depends on what your current system is, how long you've had it and possible upgrade?

For instance, I used to have a basic setup which was great and full colour during the day but at night was just black and white with Infrared 'bounceback' that made faces just appear as white blobs.

We now have a Hikvision system using Hikvision ColorVu cameras and it's full colour 24/7:

This shot is the back of our house:

cam4.thumb.png.062898b8b625953b752ea54ef2375462.png

and this shot is from the 'completed installations' gallery of the company who installed them:

cctv.thumb.png.ff79450bf14ad3c438141331025a6a40.png

• Like 1

Thank you both.

Very useful.

The Hikvision ColorVu looks amazing!

( I guess the issue for me is I am terrified(!) of heights. Can't even look at them on television 😞   )

PS. The night vision looks amazing! 

• Like 1

The Hikvision ColorVu are indeed amazing. We have a two-camera system, teamed up with a Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P network video recorder (the camera model No. is DS-2CD2347G1-LU).

The system uses PoE or Power Over Ethernet, which is great because you only have to run one Cat 5 (or above) cable out to each camera location and it handles power, video and audio.

I don't know if the ColorVu cameras would integrate with your existing system but I've included the quote we got so that you have an idea of prices.

cctvqt.thumb.png.4df70621d64818228a8350e6f68533d9.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herbie said:

The Hikvision ColorVu are indeed amazing. We have a two-camera system, teamed up with a Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P network video recorder (the camera model No. is DS-2CD2347G1-LU).

The system uses PoE or Power Over Ethernet, which is great because you only have to run one Cat 5 (or above) cable out to each camera location and it handles power, video and audio.

I don't know if the ColorVu cameras would integrate with your existing system but I've included the quote we got so that you have an idea of prices.

cctvqt.thumb.png.4df70621d64818228a8350e6f68533d9.png

Thank you, Herbie, very useful!

The reviews do look very good!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links