Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently looking to buy a Gen II IS250 and was looking for things I should be looking out for when buying?
I've currently got an Alfa MiTo, that has been a bit of a money pit, and I'm obviously looking to avoid that with the Lexus! 
I'm aiming to be paying ~£4000 for a Petrol with less than 100,000 Miles on. As some people see 70k+ as a high mileage these days, what are things that should be red flags or things to note? I know the V6 lump is considered very reliable, but other than that I don't know much else.

Thanks, Robson 🙂

Edited by RobsonLexus
Spelling

7 minutes ago, Tam Templeton said:

Got my gen. 2 is 250 in April ,71000 miles.

Paid 4000 pounds - my trade in so cost 2500 . Think maybe paying too much for gen. 1 

I actually meant a Gen II and just mis-typed haha. I have edited the original post to save confusion. 🙂

Don't forget that the Manual gearbox IS250's have obscene road tax and who wants to be 'stirring' gears in a Lexus anyway?

As for the 'Buyers Guide' above, that is generally All that goes wrong with a 250 and you will have to go a long way to find one with ALL those faults! I printed it out and took it with me when 'shopping'!

note, un-refurbished original alloy wheels may look terrible but are a good bargaining point and easily sorted ( It was a known problem with the early wheels)

paul  m.

Re my recent buy of is 250 11 gen .

Year is 2008 ( September 58 plate ) .71,000 miles . I find the gears very easy and smooth now , after getting used to .! Find it can shift if required ,much better than my 58 plate avensis that I used as trade in ,this was also a great drive but a bit sluggish .