Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry, it's SatNavs again!!

Hi Guys,

I've been reading on the site about SatNav upgrades and the problems caused by non-Lexus/Toyota discs.  I finally managed to get my disc out of the unit in the boot and I am a tad confused by it??  As you can see in the pic the disc says 1993-2015 at the bottom but 2016/17 at the right hand side.  I take it it is for 2016/17, meaning nt really that old so if that is the case I might just stick with it...

SN2.jpg

First of all, it's a DVD+R, meaning a recordable disc, meaning not a genuine 'pressed' Toy/Lex disc but a copy.

Secondly, I read it as the operating system/satellite tech is licenced from 1993 to 2015 by SeniTech, and the actual navigational map data is 2016/2017 and for south and west europe.

• Like 1

I have booked the car in for the Hybrid check next Tuesday and have asked Lexus, Glasgow, for a price to upgrade the satnav system but they haven't got back to me yet.

17 hours ago, Burroo 67 said:

I have booked the car in for the Hybrid check next Tuesday and have asked Lexus, Glasgow, for a price to upgrade the satnav system but they haven't got back to me yet.

Sit down when they tell you, an have smelling salts ready.

• Haha 2

From what I remember of the nav in my 400h I looked here to identify the system installed and then went on eBay. I bought a genuine Toyota/Lexus UK disc from a European seller. Looked like this and cost about 60 quid.

5 minutes ago, Gliderpilot said:

Sit down when they tell you, an have smelling salts ready.

Ha! 

IMG_20180601_082452.jpg

• Like 1

Found out that the latest disc I could get is 2018/19 as Lexus moved to SD card and USB updates.  Found a supplier on the web who have been VERY helpful and who can get me a disc for £27.99, guaranteed for 12 months, so that will do me.  Anything it can't find there is always Google Maps!!