Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 Lexus GS450H Blowing Exhaust

ZXSpectrum

I noticed a short while ago that my car sounded a bit crappy when the engine was on so i popped into a local tyres and exhaust place and they put it up on a ramp and it appears as if its blowing on both sides just after the EGT sensors in the exhausts(See Pic) I am wondering if the clamps for the heat shield have caused it to rust through as it seems strange for both sides to be the same.

Has anyone had similar? Has anyone had the pipes after the EGT sensors replaced with either custom bent pipework or an entire replacement section? As it has the CATS built in it costs a fortune to replace the entire section (About £2K) but i am hoping i can get it patched up or cut the pipes at the CAT and get them replaced to the EGT. 

Any help would be appreciated. 🙂

Lexus GS450H Exhaust.jpg

Hi Paul, they sounds like a nasty places for the exhaust to leak - Lexus often have issues much further back at the 'Y' section.

I did see a second hand GS450H exhaust pop up on the bay-of-fleas recently, let me see if I can find it as it'll surely be cheaper (provided it's in good nick)...

I'll also add that Tony Banks in Leeds made me up a replacement mid and rear section, with cats in stainless for much less than you mention.

Other members have used TB too, that's how I found him and all have been pleased with the results.   My wallet felt good too! LOL

Thanks Lee, I will drop that guy a message and ask if its in good condition. I am just a little concerned that if its from a high mileage car the Cats wont be in as good condition as my 70K car but i guess i would have some spares to cut and weld in if i need them. Hummmm....

I have actually seen a couple of sellers with what looks like stainless complete sections for around the £270 mark but i am assuming they are just fake resonators that look like CATS.. 

LOL i have just done an eBay search and one of the first ones that comes up is Tony Banks in leeds.. If you dont mind me asking how much was your mid section?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links