Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h Premium 18" Tyre Recommendations

Good evening all,

I'm looking for tyre recommendations for 18" 225/40R18 (Front) and 255/35/R18 (Rear) on the Year 2016 IS 300h Premium model. 

Ideally would like to have the protective rim on the tyres to protect the alloys

Would anyone have any tyre recommendations based on past experience and lastly any users in Ireland recommend a supplier/fitter in Cork/Limerick/Galway area?

Any advice appreciated!! 😀

I just changed out to the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 5 for the F Sport. the road noise and ride comfort has transformed the car. However tyres are extremely subjective from owner to owner but my reasoning is, Value, Brand and performance all gives an equal balance. Best head over to Tyre Reviews and do a little desktop research. I'm sure this thread will mention Michelin, Contis, Dunlops, Bridgestone and maybe Toyo 🙃 and of course other brands I haven't mentioned 😀

• Like 1

I bought these from https://www.oponeo.ie/  for my 2016 IS300H FSport which matched originals.

Bridgestone Turanza T005 DriveGuard 225/40R18 92 Y RUN ON FLAT XL, FR Quantity: 2 x 104,00 EUR

Bridgestone Turanza T005 255/35R18 94 Y XL, FR Quantity: 2 x 134,00 EUR

No complaints on them - have had them on 6 months and no issues with performance but less usage due to lock down - up front I'm no tyre expert.

I had them fitted by Toyota/Lexus main dealer in Dublin. I called a few other places and wasn't confident they had right equipment for balancing/tracking.  Dealer was more open to doing it as they didn't have tyres in stock during my service. Long story but when they fitted tyres, they damaged 3 alloys so ended up having getting the alloys refurbed due to their mistake. I paid for the 4th one myself. Keep a photo before and after of your rims to be safe.

PS: - the "rim" protectors on the tyres are no match for a curb - my newly refurbished and shiny alloys got destroyed within 6 weeks.....not by me.

i have always liked the Dunlop sport maxx rt 2 tyre

kwikfit can supply & fit all 4 for £429 ( €475) this is the drive out price 

44 minutes ago, Irish IS300h said:

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone! Much appreciated!

Love the wheels on the premium model but I think they are made of butter!!

Very easy to damage!! 😃

Wheel damage is usually caused by the driver and/ or, low profile tyres

10 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Wheel damage is usually caused by the driver and/ or, low profile tyres

Really? Well you learn something everyday. 

There was me thinking it was usually caused by roadside kerbs. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 12:08 AM, Martin F said:

Really? Well you learn something everyday. 

There was me thinking it was usually caused by roadside kerbs. 

Especially when they’re hidden under snow, as I discovered!

Our local Chips Away guy did a splendid repair job on BOTH occasions, but I decided that prevention would be a lot cheaper than cure. So I had a set of Alloy Gaytor rim protectors fitted.  I chose black so that they blend in with the tyre and are pretty hard to spot.

Now the worse that has happened Is a scuffed plastic strip that is considerably cheaper to deal with than an alloy repair.

On 6/23/2020 at 7:50 PM, Elvis17 said:

PS: - the "rim" protectors on the tyres are no match for a curb -

I agree with Elvis and I was very careful.  Winter, darkness, etc.  So I went the other way and can recommend Michelin Cross Climate, especially if you have to deal with snowy  conditions.  

On 6/23/2020 at 7:36 PM, Irish IS300h said:

Good evening all,

I'm looking for tyre recommendations for 18" 225/40R18 (Front) and 255/35/R18 (Rear) on the Year 2016 IS 300h Premium model. 

Ideally would like to have the protective rim on the tyres to protect the alloys. 

Would anyone have any tyre recommendations based on past experience and lastly any users in Ireland recommend a supplier/fitter in Cork/Limerick/Galway area?

Any advice appreciated!! 😀

I had the same problem with my IS250.  Originally I’d chosen Michelin Cross Climates, but Michelin don’t do them in both sizes.  Fortunately Goodyear had just launched the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 which tested very well, so I bought a set of them.

Wet weather performance is certainly on a par with the Cross Climates on our 4x4 and noise levels and ride comfort are superior to the original tyres on the Lexus.  Dry road performance is also well rated.  So I’m very pleased with the choice.
Rim protection might ward off the occasional kiss, but anything more passionate will mark the alloy rim, much like most tyres.  So I fitted a set of Alloy Gators which directly cover the wheel rim and prevent any contact.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1