Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Several months ago I replaced my front and rear d bushes with a set from eBay, about £30 for the set as I recall.  One of them at least creaks when it's hot, fine when cold, so I thought I'd get genuine ones. Lexus parts direct have the fronts for over £36 each, doesn't that sound a bit steep? It makes a set about £130.

8 hours ago, skyway said:

It sounds a little high Phil....

If only one of them is defective maybe just buy one more from ebay ... 2 for 15 pounds... got to be one in there that works

It does seem a lot, and that's supposed to be a sale price!  Still, it sailed through the MOT yesterday so that's good.  I may get the bushes from Rockauto, their AC Delco bushes are only about £6 for a pair of fronts. It's not that I mind spending the money on OEM parts, it's more the principal! 

I thought about Poly bushes for a while... but I heard they squeak lol

I am not sure it's a secret that Lexus overcharge for ... well everything so going else where for most parts make sense.

Just found this... 

• Like 2

On 6/23/2020 at 10:28 PM, The-Acre said:

Several months ago I replaced my front and rear d bushes with a set from eBay, about £30 for the set as I recall.  One of them at least creaks when it's hot, fine when cold, so I thought I'd get genuine ones. Lexus parts direct have the fronts for over £36 each, doesn't that sound a bit steep? It makes a set about £130.

Hi Phil, glad your car passed the mot ( unsurprisingly) I bought a set of 2 rear arb bushes last year from Lexus Birmingham at a cost of £40. When you see them nothing to them, Cheers, Roger

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

Hi Phil, glad your car passed the mot ( unsurprisingly) I bought a set of 2 rear arb bushes last year from Lexus Birmingham at a cost of £40. When you see them nothing to them, Cheers, Roger

I can't understand why Lexus wants so much for mine!  Anyway, I've ordered them from Rockauto, should be here in a few days.

• Like 1

Far better quality. Toyota original equipment (OE) bushings have some sort of reinforcement fabric in them, and after market ones not.

Bushings from Febi and Beck & Arnley will crack prematurely.

For example, Febest makes good ones for the Lexus Rx450h

s-l1600.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2020 at 6:34 AM, plexus914 said:

Far better quality. Toyota original equipment (OE) bushings have some sort of reinforcement fabric in them, and after market ones not.

Bushings from Febi and Beck & Arnley will crack prematurely.

For example, Febest makes good ones for the Lexus Rx450h

s-l1600.jpg

Must be GOLD reinforced material and 24ct at that 😀