Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Silver or gunmetal wheels on a black RX300?

I'm getting my wheels refurbished soon. My dilemma is that I've got the stock silver at the moment. Should I keep them the same, or would the gunmetal grey look better on a black RX300. Your opinions would be appreciated.

20180122_122604.jpg

HI Geoff, as your vehicle doesn't have any chrome trim/highlights then I think I'd be tempted by darker wheels.

I don't think I'd go for full on black but a smoked or gunmetal should like good.

As you are fairly local and I have a couple of set of wheels that could do with a refurb, do you mind me asking who you have lined up to refurb yours?

Cheers, Lee

Thanks very much for the input. Lee, I do have a chrome front grill but of course you wouldn't see the wheels properly from the front. I've got Wheelcraft in Sleaford booked to do the full refurb at £80 a wheel plus vat.

I have to say, I love the look of the smoked chrome Nemesis!

• Like 2

Silver. I'm often tempted by darker wheels but as a friend of mine pointed out there's the danger of it looking a bit murdered out. As the youngsters say :ohmy:

• Haha 1

I'm totally onboard with the gun metal on a black gen2.  Only reason I didn't go with it on mine was I happened upon a set of F sport rims which had already been freshly refurbished in silver.  Would have been a waste to spray them:

20190209_131958.thumb.jpg.12a1116441af90865f46f676682f5195.jpg

The original rims ended up on our old blue gen2 after getting done.  Don't think they work as well against the blue:

20190824_163236.thumb.jpg.e4388fc95ac4283885bf765676d8bae6.jpg

• Thanks 1

My 2014 Luxury has what Lexus call darkened alloy wheels. On the black of mine it's not particularly noticeable until seeing a pre-facelift model where they're a bright silver. I think the darker shade looks good with the black, not too OTT like gunmetal or straight black.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links