Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS430 - Compatible bluetooth phone for contact transfer

Hi guys, 

I'd like to be able to transfer my contacts to my car for the Bluetooth system. However, modern phones especially my Iphone don't seem to allow you to do this. I have a collection of early Bluetooth phones release around the time the LS430 as well as some other phones but these don't work either. I can pair them and make calls but I cannot transfer contacts. When I try to transfer contacts the phone either disconnects or I get an error on the car's screen. 

I have heard you can get an app on Android phones to allow you do to this but I haven't been able to confirm this so I'm not going to rush out and buy one. So far, I've tried the following phones:

• Nokia 6310i (one of the first Nokia's with Bluetooth so I was hoping that would work. 
  • Nokia 207
  • Blackberry 9700
  • Blackberry 7290
  • Blackberry Classic

If anybody could recommend a phone that will allow me to transfer contacts that would be fantastic. 

Thanks very much. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2020 at 7:20 PM, The-Acre said:

I've not had any success with my android phone, of course it doesn't help having my menu in Japanese!

I managed to pair my android phone with Celsior but can't transfer the contacts

8 hours ago, Micco said:

I managed to pair my android phone with Celsior but can't transfer the contacts

Mine seems to work ok now but I still haven't managed to transfer my contacts.

I think that the problem is with the lengths of certain fields in the phones. Newer phones allow you to use longer names, etc. but the older software can't handle those so rejects the sync.
I've not bothered with mine since I use my Bluetooth-FM unit for hands-free calls rather than the in-built system.
I don't make calls unless I am stationary and I'm not keen on receiving calls either as I am fully aware of the effect it has on my driving and awareness.
Personally I would ban all phone calls by car drivers, whether hands-free or not.
Calls are just too distracting even for an experienced, highly aware and alert driver like me, so gawd knows what the effect would be on someone for whom actually driving the car is way down the list of priorities, somewhere below their last ****ter post and the song they are singing along to.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 9:18 AM, cruisermark said:

has anybody had success in transferring contacts with iphone and LS430? 

Mark,

I think you will find it can't be done. IIRC it is the version of Bluetooth that does not permit it.

To get round this what I did was to manually enter six or so numbers for the speed dial screen. Then with the phone in car I can dial any of those using the car's touch screen. For any other numbers I stop the car and use the phone. I think you might even be able to use voice commands to dial "home" for example but I haven't yet tried.

John

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OldTrout said:

Mark,

I think you will find it can't be done. IIRC it is the version of Bluetooth that does not permit it.

To get round this what I did was to manually enter six or so numbers for the speed dial screen. Then with the phone in car I can dial any of those using the car's touch screen. For any other numbers I stop the car and use the phone. I think you might even be able to use voice commands to dial "home" for example but I haven't yet tried.

John

I think I'll try that myself as there are only a handful of regular numbers I need.  Then I need to say "home" in Japanese!

I can testify that this device works very well from the rear socket in my car. It has stalled my plans to put a Grom-type unit in. Sound quality is very good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XYY9W2X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links