Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh no! my timing belt components held by customs.

59 minutes ago, Britprius said:

A flux that was often used back in the 60's was called killed spirits. It was made by dissolving as much zinc as possible into hydrochloric acid. Very pleasant stuff.

John. 

With apols to Bluesman as I've bent this thread is all over the place. Takes your mind off the awaited delivery. 

Rock always sends to me in a short space of time. Its the method where the Post Office is involved that seems to be a p.i.t.a. Not to mention seems to cost more but maybe its just that VAT is not charged at outset like on Rock.

John, I try not to solder where I suck in the fumes. Made an extraction thingy but not too successful. Rarley solder.

Can't be any worse than those people who enjoy going to events where Cars burn rubber such as Santa Pod or Street Meets.              I  wouldn't want to get that Rubber (with zinc) in my lungs.  Crazy or what?

Meanwhile back in parcel delivery misery, it hasn't turned up despite being told and promised I would get it at 9am.

There tracking system shows the van 2 mins from my house and its been there since I first looked at 9.15 am it was still there at 6.30 pm, but we have looked and there ain't no parcel-farce van there, they have taken down their tracking page now, wonder why?

They are often the most expensive parcels service we have in the UK and they are the most useless.

Don't worry Stuart I quite like seeing a post take on a life of its own. 

• Sad 1

I think the correct title is “Parcel Farce”

Talking of parcels my promised “this week” leather paint has not yet arrived, there’s only today as Royal Snail no longer appear to do Saturday deliveries.

16 hours ago, Bluesman said:

They are often the most expensive parcels service we have in the UK and they are the most useless.

So, you've not had anything delivered by Yodel then? 
Parcelfarce waste time by making themselves jump over a vast number of bureaucratic hurdles and then charge you for the privilege.
Yodel don't but their attitude towards deliveries seems to be "when we can be bothered, oh and don't expect it to be intact when it arrives"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluesman said:

It has arrived although their van tracker showed the van  20 miles away.

Excellent, plus one of my favourite compositions!

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2020 at 9:20 AM, steve2006 said:

I think the correct title is “Parcel Farce”

Talking of parcels my promised “this week” leather paint has not yet arrived, there’s only today as Royal Snail no longer appear to do Saturday deliveries.

Bit of a moan today.  Had items delivered from Singapoean company a week ago - delivered by DHL.  My Amayana order (placed before) several messages saying its en route and one a week ago saying it was in the UK.  But!!! they use Parcel Farce!   

One week later not so much as an email saying you must pay VAT and not doubt a swinging charge for their lacklustre service, so yet to see parts.  Really irritating. Must tell Amayana to use someone other than P-F. I've always found them the pits.

Funny thing with the DHL delivery.  No up front request for the VAT (under £135 so no import charge payable) but did get a call from someone purporting to be from DHL saying I must pay, blah blah blah. Couldn't understand him too well.  Did quote some order number and the delivery had not long taken place that same day.  However, I told him to email me. He asked for my email address and I told him you already have it as you emailed to say parcel on its way.  Not had any email and if you check this phone number many think that DHL details are being used by dodgy individuals.  020 8266 7989  . No request from DHL or HMRC to pay VAT on purchase one week later. So whats going on??

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

One week later not so much as an email saying you must pay VAT and not doubt a swinging charge for their lacklustre service, so yet to see parts.  Really irritating. Must tell Amayana to use someone other than P-F. I've always found them the pits.

It is a bit of a pain, as far as I know a letter is sent by Parcel Force to inform you of the customs charges etc along with the specific parcel reference for paying the charges and how to pay them. They don't email as far as I know, I haven't ever received an email.

I haven't had an issue myself with stuff from Amayama but I don't wait for the letter to arrive as it takes quite a while. If it helps anyone else this is what I do:

As soon as I'm informed by Amayama that the delivery is in the UK or by checking on the Parcel Force tracking website using the tracking number provided by Amayama, I use the Parcel Force tracking website to find out the status and see if it's cleared customs and waiting for the charges to be paid.

If the parcel has cleared customs and waiting for the charges to be paid, I call Parcel Force/International Customer Services, quote the tracking number and they provide the specific parcel reference for paying the charges. Once I have the reference I then go online and pay it, parcel is delivered the next day or the day after.

• Like 1

Thanks Paul, went through all that process but when you get to the last part of hoping ot speak to someone, for their  number, the usual "we are experienceing high etc etc.   Decided I'd just have to wait for their second class letter (why 2nd??? weren't they part of the Post Office once?) to arrive and then pay, and then wait another two days or more for delivery.   They are the pits!

On 6/28/2020 at 12:10 PM, Bluesman said:

Will do

On 6/28/2020 at 1:13 PM, steve2006 said:

That’s weird with Rockauto, as you can see from my invoice VAT was automatically added at the point of sale for this and another transaction so they both arrived in a couple of days. Never mind wait until you see the free fridge magnet!

Bad luck on the front bumper Mike and sod’s law I got rid of the other series IV a couple of months ago, wrong colour but intact.

Not damaged the bumper yet but now down to my last spare under cover out of 3.

Well after a long search I have finally found a front bumper, found it in Cornwall. A black one but that's OK I will enjoy changing its colour, I still haven't booked her in for the timing belt which I must do in the next few days. Getting very difficult to find spares as there are so few cars left out there which are being broken, I cant remember how long ago it was when I last saw one on the road but its months rather that weeks. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Well after a long search I have finally found a front bumper, found it in Cornwall. A black one but that's OK I will enjoy changing its colour, I still haven't booked her in for the timing belt which I must do in the next few days. Getting very difficult to find spares as there are so few cars left out there which are being broken, I cant remember how long ago it was when I last saw one on the road but its months rather that weeks. 

Well done Mike!

18 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I cant remember how long ago it was when I last saw one on the road but its months rather that weeks. 

likewise too, haven't see another Ls400  ( nor any other Ls for that matter, for a very very long time )

Malc

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 4:38 PM, runsgrateasanut said:

Thanks Paul, went through all that process but when you get to the last part of hoping ot speak to someone, for their  number, the usual "we are experienceing high etc etc.   Decided I'd just have to wait for their second class letter (why 2nd??? weren't they part of the Post Office once?) to arrive and then pay, and then wait another two days or more for delivery.   They are the pits!

So, thats ten days since the parcel arrived in UK and no word (letter) from Parcel Farce.  Amayana said give them the tracking number, but I had to point out that PF send you THEIR tracking number (eventually??) and can't check from Amayana's.  Patience is a virtue I did once possess, well I think I did!  Not so much with the trend of events that are taking place in this Country. Not to mention the possiblility of the Scots passing in to law a Bill curbing freedom of speech and even thought!   How did we get to this place? Ooops political. Smack hand.

So Monday had an email from P/force suggesting I ring Chelmsford Depot.  

Did so, and got through and yes they've  had the parcel since the 4th Septmber. I asked why haven't I received a letter to tell me this?  

Oh that goes out through Royal Mail (no it hasn't) and then  we follow it up with another (no you haven't) if we don't hear from you.

So, paid the charges and said would deliver today.  Item received.

True British service reminds me of the Seventies Car mnfrs / Post office unions etc, 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malc said:

but everyone said to call them weeks ago :unsure:

Malc

With respect, it shouldn't be up to me to phone them to find out where a parcel for delivery to m, is.  They told me their system - they write to you with the consignment number so you can check its whereabouts - but they don't!  Also if you phone their main number from the internet you get nothing but pre recorded message to this effect,  as to needing to trace via their consingment number.  You are the first person to suggest that I am in the wrong. 

Apparantly their service was the subject of a discussion on Radio 2- at length some time ago.  Not many admirers. Don't think they've learned how to email yet.  Luddites all.  

Parcel from Singapore I was updated several times by DHL including the day of delivery..    

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

My experience has always been the selling company sends the tracking number. 

Yes, the exporter gives you a tracking number which will show when the item has arrived in the UK.  Domestic purchaes are obviously straightforward and the sellers tracking number is all trhat is needed.

Let me here copy and past what you will find on Parcel force's website for Imports..

Within the letter you will have received from us about the customs fees, you will be provided with a Tracking Reference number and the name of the Country of origin. This is the only information we are able to provide about your parcel.

unquote

But let me

2 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

With respect, it shouldn't be up to me to phone them to find out where a parcel for delivery to m, is.  They told me their system - they write to you with the consignment number so you can check its whereabouts - but they don't!  Also if you phone their main number from the internet you get nothing but pre recorded message to this effect,  as to needing to trace via their consingment number.  You are the first person to suggest that I am in the wrong. 

Apparantly their service was the subject of a discussion on Radio 2- at length some time ago.  Not many admirers. Don't think they've learned how to email yet.  Luddites all.  

Parcel from Singapore I was updated several times by DHL including the day of delivery..    

The trouble is Corona 19 which every company in the land is blaming when they have to answer the phone or send an email. 

I did manage after about 3 hours get through to a human being? and advised him that there is no way in a million years they could catch Covid down the phone lines, he hung up.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Yes, the exporter gives you a tracking number which will show when the item has arrived in the UK.  Domestic purchaes are obviously straightforward and the sellers tracking number is all trhat is needed.

Let me here copy and past what you will find on Parcel force's website for Imports..

Within the letter you will have received from us about the customs fees, you will be provided with a Tracking Reference number and the name of the Country of origin. This is the only information we are able to provide about your parcel.

unquote

But let me

I've purchased many times from overseas and have never had an issue tracking my parcels.

• Like 1