Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water Underneath Body

I've noticed a few times after driving the car to the shop and back a long stream of water or fluid of some description in the driveway and along the road from my house. It appears to be a good volume of water or liquid.  

All levels under the hood look fine, I suspect its rain water build up of some kind but where would water be holding in that much of a volume and is it normal?

Screenshot_20200625-161728_WhatsApp.jpg

8 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Air con on? Quite normal to see condensate under the car in this humid weather.

That would be my first thought too.

No its definitely not the AC as it's not working 😅

I noticed it twice after a good lot of rain the previous day and first time moving it since the rain. But if it is rain water, how its gathering and why it falls on the ground when I move the car is beyond me.

I saw your post about your air-con and water issue. My guess is the air-con was partially working, but somehow it isn't directing the R134a coolant to your blower. It's running within the small loop near the condenser and generate a lot of water.

It may be a check-valve thing, or a snapped pipe, or a jammed flap, I have no idea of how the AC system works on a IS300h, and different trim level has different AC system. I think you can check all related fuse,  check all related relays, and then check all related flap. In most cars the AC things can be accessed from the passenger side foot well.

You can take a look this vedio, not the same car but it may help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAjD-E7Sxyg