Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pioneer Soundbase

Not getting any joy to my query from an AV Forum and so am wondering if anyone on here can help please.

I have a Pioneer SBX-B70 Soundbase and, whilst watching TV last night I lost all sound completely.

When I took a look at it this morning, I checked all of the connections to make sure that they were secure and, there are no problems there. However, I noticed that when I press the 'On' button on the remote or on the unit itself, the blue light on the front illuminates but it only stays on for less than 5 seconds, this happens everytime that I try it.

Does anyone know if this is a known problem with this unit and, if it is, is it fixable by DIY methods please.

I have previously replaced items in a Panasonic Recorder before now, and so if there is a fix I will be extremely grateful for any info.

Many thanks.

Coincidentally, I had this exact issue with the same model of Pioneer soundbase last night. All sound lost, no apparent reason for it - unit has worked faultlessly for the four years I've had it.

I found the instructions on the Internet (it was supplied only with a CD version) and tried a full re-set, which simply involves cutting power for 5 minutes and the re-starting with the power button depressed. This seems to have fixed mine, although all previous sound settings were lost. 

Did you manage to get it working @bluenose1940 ?

Hello Ed, thank you for coming in on this.  The problem that I have is, that when I try to turn the unit on by using the remote or the button on the front, it will not stay on. 

I disconnected my unit from the mains and left it off overnight before reconnecting but that didn't work.  However, I didn't do what you did i.e. depressing the power button whilst reconnecting.  I will give this a go.

Do you have a link to what you found on the internet?

Thanks again.

On 6/28/2020 at 9:53 AM, bluenose1940 said:

Hello Ed, thank you for coming in on this.  The problem that I have is, that when I try to turn the unit on by using the remote or the button on the front, it will not stay on. 

I disconnected my unit from the mains and left it off overnight before reconnecting but that didn't work.  However, I didn't do what you did i.e. depressing the power button whilst reconnecting.  I will give this a go.

Do you have a link to what you found on the internet?

Thanks again.

Interesting. The different issue with mine - apart from no sound - was that it wouldn't turn off using the remote.

I found instructions in various places, but the ones I used to re-set were on the Pioneer.EU site. They all say the same sorts of things as you'd expect, look in the 'what to do if' problem solving section.

Good luck! 

Hello Ed, I had a real good bit of luck with this.  Initially I couldn't find the paperwork from when I purchased the soundbase, I usually scan it all on to my computer but there was nothing there and so I checked my filing cabinet and guess what, I had purchased a 6 year warranty with it and so it is now in their hands for repair.  They even lent me a soundbar whilst mine is being fixed.  The warranty still has 2 1/2 years to run.

I think the saying goes 'Happy Days'

Thanks again for your help.

Richer Sounds sell much of their stock with free 6 year warranties. An excellent practice which avoids hassle with consumers and promotes customer satisfaction.

(I am not involved with them in any way. I am just a satisfied customer) 

20 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Richer Sounds sell much of their stock with free 6 year warranties. An excellent practice which avoids hassle with consumers and promotes customer satisfaction.

My television and soundbase were purchased from Richer Sounds in Bath and I found the service excellent. I didn't realise there was a standard extended warranty either, will have to look that up in case I ever need it!

11 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

My television and soundbase were purchased from Richer Sounds in Bath and I found the service excellent. I didn't realise there was a standard extended warranty either, will have to look that up in case I ever need it!

Ed, some of us have been promoting the existence of Consumer Protection (a free standard warranty ) for years on this forum.

Seems that 99% of purchasers are unaware, which is why Sellers of warranties make so much profit from them.

Richer do seem to try hard to provide good service.

48 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

That's interesting.  I actually paid RS £29.95 for my 6 year warranty in October 2016.  I still think that that was good value (at about 14p per week!) but, I'm just about to buy a TV for the bedroom and so will investigate the cost this time round to see if I can get it as a freebie!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluenose1940 said:

That's interesting.  I actually paid RS £29.95 for my 6 year warranty in October 2016.  I still think that that was good value (at about 14p per week!) but, I'm just about to buy a TV for the bedroom and so will investigate the cost this time round to see if I can get it as a freebie!

6 year is only free for TVs and passive speakers.

For other items you can purchase the extended guarantee for about 10% of the item purchase price - and you get your money back if you don't claim within the 6 years.

Useful information, thank you c, very much appreciated.

I'm buying a 32inch TV for the bedroom but blimey, what a pain that is, there are so many options it's untrue.  It was much easier in 1950, 9 inch screen, black and white, magnifier up to 12 inches was an optional extra (which we had) and the fuzzy image was free😂

Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links