Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys , i have a gs450h 2008 , and my life Battery it s just about 50 % left ( that s what the dr.prius app say ) , also i can drive on Battery only about 1 km , so i was just thinking to change /fix my Battery but as far as i know they are very expensive so i found some gs 450 at dismantle yard s but they are there for over 6 months and i am not sure if those Battery are still ok or not and also if there is any chance to check them without to be plug in on the car , if anyone know a way or have some advice will be very appreciate , thank you 

1 minute ago, OldTrout said:

Florin,

What mileage is your car? Is it running UK? What makes you concerned?

John

Hi , thank you for reply to me , 134000 mileage and was in uk now it s running in Ireland , my concern is that i can only go on Battery less then a mile and also when i check my life Battery it s say i have left only 50% life of it , so i was just think to fix or replace ...

1 hour ago, Mr.Flo said:

Hi guys , i have a gs450h 2008 , and my life battery it s just about 50 % left ( that s what the dr.prius app say ) , also i can drive on battery only about 1 km , so i was just thinking to change /fix my battery but as far as i know they are very expensive so i found some gs 450 at dismantle yard s but they are there for over 6 months and i am not sure if those battery are still ok or not and also if there is any chance to check them without to be plug in on the car , if anyone know a way or have some advice will be very appreciate , thank you 

I have a 2007 gs450h with 150,000 miles on the clock. I see no reason to be concerned about your Battery condition. You say you can only run about a mile on Battery only, and that is very good. The car was not designed to run on electric only, and using it in that manor is bad for fuel consumption, and Battery longevity. 
Discharging the Battery, and then recharging it as far as you can is not a good thing. It is far better to have small charge discharge cycles at around the full blue bar level for maximum life.
Buying a used Battery is a mine field. How do you know it is any better than the Battery you have? and how do you know if Battery modules have been changed by the previous owner when buying from a breaker?
The dr prius app is not accurate. If the Battery is only at 50% capacity according to the app, and it still does a mile on electric only it should do 2 miles with a 100% capacity Battery. The GS will not do that when new.

John.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 1:04 PM, Britprius said:

I have a 2007 gs450h with 150,000 miles on the clock. I see no reason to be concerned about your battery condition. You say you can only run about a mile on battery only, and that is very good. The car was not designed to run on electric only, and using it in that manor is bad for fuel consumption, and battery longevity. 
Discharging the battery, and then recharging it as far as you can is not a good thing. It is far better to have small charge discharge cycles at around the full blue bar level for maximum life.
Buying a used battery is a mine field. How do you know it is any better than the battery you have? and how do you know if battery modules have been changed by the previous owner when buying from a breaker?
The dr prius app is not accurate. If the battery is only at 50% capacity according to the app, and it still does a mile on electric only it should do 2 miles with a 100% capacity battery. The GS will not do that when new.

John.

Thank you for your reply , i forget to mention that my Battery never go fully charge always have one more line to go , but i will wait and see what s happen , i hope will be ok for a good while from now 

1 hour ago, Mr.Flo said:

Thank you for your reply , i forget to mention that my battery never go fully charge always have one more line to go , but i will wait and see what s happen , i hope will be ok for a good while from now 

I`ve never seen mine fully charged Flo, so no need to be concerned. We are not alone .

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links