Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h or RX450h

So here's my problem.

I currently have a petrol, auto IS250 which is just brilliant.  My son has his eyes on it when I change my car.

I have two Lexus models in mind....either a newer IS300h (Premier spec is possible) or a RX 450h.  For the money I am willing to spend it would be a 2013/2014 300h and only probably a 2009/2010/2011 450h.  300h would be higher spec than the 450h.  You can see where this is going.....

The 300h would be newer, less miles, better mpg than the equivalent RX450h for the money I am willing to part with.  There are pros and cons to both cars.

Big kicker is that my wife does not like sitting in the front seat of the current IS250 as it gives her a sore back (and bum) over a reasonable distance.  I am keen on the IS300h model but need to understand what they are like in the front seats.  Pretty sure the RX450h will be fine in this area. 

Anyone have a 300h out there who can attest to the non back hurting seats....keen in getting the Premier spec as it has lots of seat adjustments on both drivers and passenger seats but probably also need to drive both cars first.

Any advice, help much appreciated.

I think it's very personal as to what different people find as comfortable. Speaking for myself I've driven hundreds of miles / many hours nonstop in my IS 300h and got out the other end fresh as a daisy. One of the more comfortable cars I've owned for very long distances. 

My wife says that IS300 seats are the most comfortable of the many cars we have owned over the past 40+ years.  Also very comfortable on the driver side although I would be happier if the seat position was a little higher (without having to scrape the roof).

We have both those vehicles in our household. As you say both very different cars, both supremely comfortable and I'm 6ft 4. If you pushed me I'd say RX sets seem thicker bit plusher and armrest works better for me but we have done mega journeys in both and no complaints from either of us - good luck with your choice! BTW - Neither of are elderly or infirm but have to say that the RX is easier to jump in and out of. The RX is 5 years older and had done 100 k miles more than the IS but it still feels like a newish car do wouldn't let the age come into the equation too much. 

i have an F sport is 300h and i haven't any issues with the seats never had a sore back

even though the F Sport has firmer suspension , years ago i snapped

the ligaments in my lower back so i always have concerns when changing car for this reason

i am sure you will get on with the seats just fine

test drive both cars before making any decision just to be certain which one is right for you

• Like 1

Due to a back injury I had a long time ago I find normal saloon cars difficult and painful to get in/out, which was my main reason for going to an SUV.

The RX is brilliant in this respect and is SO comfortable that I'd even sleep in it if I could.

• Like 1

Thanks all.  Agree that it is a personal thing.  Need to find both cars somewhere close and test drive them both.  Suspect RX will win out but don't want to discount the 300h.  Being in Aberdeen, with no Lexus dealer, it's a pita trying to find a garage with both, or either car to test drive!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links