Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS220D Exhaust Modification (Rear Diffuser / Lip)

Evis

Hello everyone, hope you are all safe.

I have a few modifications in mind and thought of compiling them into one thread, so here it goes:

1) I would like to change the exhaust tip of my IS220D as it looks pretty bad in my opinion. I have tried searching for a tip to make it look a bit better, but due to its large diameter and downwards looking shape, I haven't been able to find something.

Has anyone faced such an issue and is there a solution? I thought of replacing the rear muffler/resonator.

2) Can the rear lip / diffuser be replaced with an F -Sport looking one? 

3)To kind of combine the first two, can I change the rear part of the exhaust system to add a second pipe? That would need a second exhaust cut-out on the diffuser and I don't know if it's possible.

Its the first one that I am more interested in, as its probably the cheapest to do and wouldn't mess with the car too much. The other two are things that I would like to do but I am open to criticism.

Also here is a picture of the back of my car:

823420445_lexusnoplate.thumb.jpg.9d2eb7f6dc91830a3194bed914fafaa1.jpg

Thanks to anyone reading! 

UPDATE:

I searched around locally and found a shop that could change the tip and so I did. Just wanted to share some pictures.

IMG_9856.thumb.jpg.dddb5f2fa8154d31dc4b03ade75d9f36.jpg

IMG_9874.thumb.jpg.437bccf35258417680870366470dae97.jpg

IMG_9863.thumb.jpg.7db82c0f7c85bc26042e9e8a6502ac58.jpg

IMG_9872_no.thumb.jpg.deeaf68fe7ade047bbbcefac90e8d77c.jpg

I believe a second one one the other side would make it look even better, but that's for another time.

• Like 1

Just now, scudney said:

You can always get a is250 bumper if you want to dual exhaust 

That was my thought too, cutting my bumper might get too messy. I might go on a hunt for one soon. Also, would an F-Sport bumper also fit and if so, would it be a good idea?

The f sport bumper on the is250 is no different from the standard one as far as I am aware however if you mean the IS F that's different 

I like the mods!

I had the same colour car, a 2006. Basic spec. Head gasket went at 187,000 miles. Got £350 in scrap. Picture of sale advert.

Liked the comfort, build quality, standard radio, interior colour. Disliked gearbox mismatch, turbo lag and poor economy. Mine got around 35 winter 38 Summer.

James👍

Lexus.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JamesIS220 said:

I like the mods!

I had the same colour car, a 2006. Basic spec. Head gasket went at 187,000 miles. Got £350 in scrap. Picture of sale advert.

Liked the comfort, build quality, standard radio, interior colour. Disliked gearbox mismatch, turbo lag and poor economy. Mine got around 35 winter 38 Summer.

James👍

Lexus.jpg

Thank you. That's about my experience with the car as well, minus the gasket (hopefully).

10 minutes ago, Evis said:

Thank you. That's about my experience with the car as well, minus the gasket (hopefully).

It could of been a great car with a bit more product development. Auto, my preference, better engine/ gearbox response.  Oh no I'm describing an IS 250! Liked all the airbags even passenger knee as well.

Loved the colour too and shape. Hope your head gasket lives for a very long time.

James👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JamesIS220 said:

It could of been a great car with a bit more product development. Auto, my preference, better engine/ gearbox response.  Oh no I'm describing an IS 250! Liked all the airbags even passenger knee as well.

Loved the colour too and shape. Hope your head gasket lives for a very long time.

James👍

Yes, you are right. I find my self regretting getting an IS250 more often than I would to admit, but still love the car. I got it directly from Lexus/Toyota used, so it had checks and repairs done by them.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...