Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav

Hello.  Would like help with the following please. Whilst waiting for Lexus to release the apple Car Play update. I decided to purchase a new i phone se and use apple Maps for guidance. There is an issue as follows. When the phone is in the car ,placed in its dash holder with ign on--the media starts playing music and i cannot turn it off or delete it. It is the same music every time and because it is using the car's volume,  apple maps volume cannot be used . It is also playing on the phone when ignition turned off.  I think the culprit is something called "Gracenote".

Anyone with the same problem or someone with more technical knowledge to advise a solution please?

Thank You for responses,

Paul

I doubt it'll be Gracenote.

Gracenote is 'just' a database and is the system that allows the name of the band and the name of the album to be displayed.

Other than that I'm afraid I can't help any further as I have a severe allergy to anything apple and would never own anything of theirs.

Not sure if I can help. I have Android Auto on my Android phone which activates when in the car. This allows me to use it for navigation and music. I also am waiting for the Apple/Android car play upgrade. Meanwhile I sometimes use Android Auto for navigation with the phone in a holder.

I assume an Iphone has a similar app which you may find is being activated by default. Have a look at your apps to check.

If you have the phone attached via USB to the vehicle then the infotainment system is detecting an iPhone/iPod is connected and playing your local music on the phone - and it always starts on the same song. Just pause the music/change the play list etc. if needed, or change the media device to radio etc.

If you want the apple Maps voice/sounds to come from the vehicle then you have to have the input source to Iphone, or Bluetooth.

Thank you all for your replies. Have deleted the music app on the i phone and it seems to have solved the issue.  If apple car play is as good as apple maps, via i phone, i will be very happy.. Lexus have just advised that the apple car play up-date is now delayed until 4th quarter 2020 on UX model.