Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My insurance company have such a wonderful sense of humor.

Yes its that time of year when my insurance co contacts me to tell me how much they would like for the following year. I have been with Geoffrey Insurance Co for around 5 years and the premium has bumbled along around the £200 but this year I was taken back when I found the new premium which they hide in these little booklets that lots of insurance company use. When it comes to the price I couldn't believe it £700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £700 yup I rang them to see if they had had a computer problem she thought I was rude for saying what I thought about it, no swearing or bad language was used just shock and surprise that it had gone up so much.

Well there's only one thing to do and that's "Go Compare" it took just a couple of minutes up popped a figure from an insurance company called Lancaster Insurance had the magic figure of £167 price shown on the web is what I paid. So, yes please only keep you a couple of minutes ,40 mins later we had finished. I just cant see the point of going through on line answering all the questions and then having to go through all of them again. Thank goodness that's over for another year.  

• Like 1

Just about to go through this on my wife's Aygo. Three years ago my wife took out insurance in her own name so had no no claims bonus with GA. Price £160 "not bad". Year two £160. Year three £162-50. This years renewal with three years no claims discount  £189-55. This makes this years premium before discount  £270. 
I have checked comparison sites, and the cheapest "AA" comes in at £155 along with the first eight companies listed falling under £160.

I am going to try ringing Saga the company I am with as they have not only kept my premiums constant over the same period "even with a no fault claim last year", but also gave excellent service when I did claim. If this fails I'll go with the AA with breakdown cover included at £155.

John. 

After many years with Direct Line they suddenly upped the premium on my RC and by a significant amount!

I'm now with SAGA at a similar cost to my original premium, whats more it's fixed for 3yrs, as long as I don't change anything or make a claim..

Don't forget to try Confused.com. The £20 voucher reward works well. I've made use of it twice this year. Once as a lever for a reduction on a premium, and once where they couldn't reduce further so changed companies. Voucher comes through in about 10 days via email. Chose the Halfords one and combine with the LOC 15% discount, result!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PRT68 said:

Don't forget to try Confused.com. The £20 voucher reward works well. I've made use of it twice this year. Once as a lever for a reduction on a premium, and once where they couldn't reduce further so changed companies. Voucher comes through in about 10 days via email. Chose the Halfords one and combine with the LOC 15% discount, result!!

I am a cynical old git and believe that if they give you £20 here somewhere along the line they get that £20 back. 

12 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

I am a cynical old git and believe that if they give you £20 here somewhere along the line they get that £20 back. 

Its got to come from somewhere or someone!🤪

• Haha 1

A £20.00 voucher for petrol may just keep my lawnmower fuelled for the season, at least if my car is ever off the road I can use it to go to MacDonalds drive through. 😀