Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

I have just bought a IS 250 C 2009 model with 58k on the clock, full Lexus history up to 2018 then 2 oil changes, any one  know of a good independent Lexus/Toyota service guy in East Sussex? I have the dreaded tin top rattle any advice on that problem? 

many thanks.

Guest bigbullhead

I used Toyotech in Salford’s near Gatwick but can get now as my work pattern has changed but now using suttonz in westham near eastbourne

Welcome to the LOC Gary,hoping you find the forum educational and informative and congratulations on your new purchase 🥳👍

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 3:33 PM, vectron said:

Hello,

I have just bought a IS 250 C 2009 model with 58k on the clock, full Lexus history up to 2018 then 2 oil changes, any one  know of a good independent Lexus/Toyota service guy in East Sussex? I have the dreaded tin top rattle any advice on that problem? 

many thanks.

Welcome Garry.

This is all I have currently.

Lexus Indie Garages.docx

• Like 1

Hi Gary and welcome to the club ;I'm sure you will enjoy your 250C especially when the sun is shining .I have owned mine for almost 5 years and it is a great car especially for Continental holidays ( to be continued when the present fiasco has subsided )         I am afraid I can't be much help to you as I carry out all my own service work ,the only time I visited a dealer was for the airbag recall.It might be worth you checking this has been carried out ,it may have been missed if the car has been away from the main dealer system. With regard to the roof I have not had that problem, the only company I have had recommended is Cayman Autos in Redhill ,I don't know how far you are from them ,they have a good web site worth looking at if you have queries

Regards 

Dave

• Like 1

There is a YouTube video with info on how to fix the rattle, it does unfortunately involve duct tape!

A friend of mine has an is250c and had the same rattle which he fixed with this method.  Not what you'd expect to do on a Lexus but apparently it works!

• Like 1