Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 hours ago, Tyre Tread said:

Just remember that you're now living with Japanese reliability and not German ban counter led money making reliability hype.

I've owned 30 or so cars in my life from Austin Allegros to Jag XF's, Rover P5b and TVR Chimaera plus Audi A4, Skoda Superb estate and Honda Accord and the Japanese cars were always the most reliable.

Loving my IS250 after 3 years and 45K miles (over 40K in the first 2 years and less than 3 in the last 12 months) I've had to replace one O2 sensor, headlight bulbs, water pump and battery (but in fairness it was the original battery and 12 months old and most annoyingly it didn't need replacing - It was the O2 sensor at fault)

Will take some time getting used to for sure. The water pump is my biggest worry to be honest. I was made sure by the previous owner that it was done 3 years ago. I have checked but there are no unwanted noises and the water pump pulley looks like it has newer bolts then the other onew. I've replaced my bulbs and now it's all good. Did you get an engine light regarding your O2 sensors? Or did it idle badly?

Man, you need to chill and stop worrying.

I got several warning lights which I was advised was failing Battery. As it was 12 years old I changed it and had same issues so after further investigation found it was one of the upstrearm O2 sensors so changed both just to be safe.

On 7/6/2020 at 1:43 PM, Tyre Tread said:

Man, you need to chill and stop worrying.

😀 couldn't agree more. It's a Lexus it's reliable. Don't stress too much. Just do your routine maintenance and deal with issues as they arise. If water pump was changed at 70K miles then it's good for a while. I changed my original factory fitted water pump at 124k miles. More importantly though on these cars, a very cheap and simple thing you can check is the radiator pressure cap. It's designed to maintain a certain pressure in the coolant system. These seem to be prone to the valve and spring mechanism inside breaking apart and falling into the cooling system. When it happens your coolant system cannot pressurise and hence coolant starts to boil.