Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Theft Alarm UX 250h

My alarm went off twice Monday early evening while the car was on the drive. No obvious reasons. Did not use the car Tuesday and it went off again at 04.00am this morning. Again no obvious reasons. Just spoke to the dealer and they suggested it could be a bug although could not see any. So I have just sprayed inside the car and turned off the theft sensor (to the left of the emergency call button). Anybody had anything similar?

33 minutes ago, Richard1200 said:

My alarm went off twice Monday early evening while the car was on the drive. No obvious reasons. Did not use the car Tuesday and it went off again at 04.00am this morning. Again no obvious reasons. Just spoke to the dealer and they suggested it could be a bug although could not see any. So I have just sprayed inside the car and turned off the theft sensor (to the left of the emergency call button). Anybody had anything similar?

I've had exactly the same...it was a moth !  🙂

On 7/1/2020 at 8:57 AM, Richard1200 said:

Sprayed the inside of the car twice yesterday and left it locked overnight with the movement sensor off. Let’s hope Mr Mozy or Mrs Moth have departed this world. I suspect it was Mrs Moth as my wallet has not been opened much since March.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Did you check under the seats for any snakes? 🐍

Thanks for that thought, my wife is now never going in the car again. 
My problem now is sell the UX very cheap or leave the wife 🤔🤔 

Problem solved, I love my UX 

My alarm went off last weekend too. I expect it was a fly or a spider. The alarm has been silent for a year or so but last year it kept going off for no apparent reason for two or three weeks. Then it just stopped doing it. I thought I might have spotted a fly at one point but eventually it just went back to normal. I didn't think of fly killer (or a snake trap). Wish I'd thought of that at the time.

Had the same, 2 nights running. My wife (Miss Marple) cracked it.

Street lights go off at midnight, pitch black. Neighbour opposite has movement sensor security lights. Mr Fox walks past, turns the lights on, Mr Moth wakes up and flies about. Alarm goes off, and believe me, at 2.30am that alarm is loud.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, graham8370 said:

Had the same, 2 nights running. My wife (Miss Marple) cracked it.

Street lights go off at midnight, pitch black. Neighbour opposite has movement sensor security lights. Mr Fox walks past, turns the lights on, Mr Moth wakes up and flies about. Alarm goes off, and believe me, at 2.30am that alarm is loud.

Good thinking Graham, but what was the motive ? Ask her. (lol)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links